turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can not login to Morgan Stanley Stockplan Connect to import tax data. Tells me invalid username or password. I can access the site directly using same credentials..

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

108 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Can not login to Morgan Stanley Stockplan Connect to import tax data. Tells me invalid username or password. I can access the site directly using same credentials..

You may want to contact Morgan Stanley for access to your Morgan Stanley account.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have called Morgan Stanley and they suggested we call TurboTax.  My login also works fine w/ StockPlan Connect but TurboTax is not importing and stating invalid username/password.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below. We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

Please click here to for What is the TurboTax phone number https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number   https://ttlc.intuit.co...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
piphoser

I'm having the exact same problem.  Login to Morgan Stanley StockPlan Connect through web browser works fine but invalid username/password error when using same credentials with TurboTax 2019 latest update.

Same exact issue.  Any update on a fix?

I've had the exact same problem for the last two weeks, and I have also connected Morgan Stanley StockPlan Connect.  They said since I was able to connect to their website, the issue is Turbo Tax.  Please help.  

romanandmary
Returning Member

Morgan Stanley confirms that my user name, ssn, and password are correct but turbotax software will not accept and import the data 

I'm having the same problem, but am not hopeful. This has apparently been a problem since at least June 2019. See this parallel thread - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/morgan-stanley-sockplanconnect-says-invalid-usern...

I have exactly this same issue. I have a Morgan Stanley Stockplan Connect account and so does my wife. The strangest thing is for my wife's I was able to login and import the data but on my account it failed with the invalid username or password.   Last year I imported from my account. Very disappointing.

You would need to talk with Morgan Stanley technical support about that.  Even though you use the same login ID and password as your regular account the imports are on a separate server so it is possible that there is a problem with logging into that server.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I spent 3 hours chasing this with TurboTax tech support and MS yesterday.  Here's what I was told:

1. TurboTax changed this year all usernames when importing can NOT have a special character (WHAT??!) in the username or the import will fail.

2. MS said the feature has NOT been turned on yet.

3. MS also said they are now requiring a minimum of 9 characters for usernames or it will fail.

YMMV

Thanks for posting this info.  9 character username is new info, I'll definitely create a sub-account for this purpose on MS.  When I called TT 2 weeks ago, they said March 4th is when MS would turn this on.

I'll call back but I did call them first and they did not mention this and told me it was a Turbotax issues. I'll try again.

Beware - I talked to Tier 1 support and didn't get an answer last night.  I asked to have my case escalated and spent another hour+ speaking to a supervisor in Tier 2.  While both agents were extremely nice, neither of them were able to solve the issue.  The manager left the conversation promising to continue to investigate the problem, or I could manually enter the data myself (and not use one of the features I paid Intuit for within TurboTax).

Sadly today I see they closed my case without any resolution.   Apparently TurboTax / Intuit is more concerned about support case metrics looking good, rather than solving a customer's problem. :(

Manage cookies