turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TomTom19822
Returning Member

Business file W-2s only - IRS letter

Good evening,

I am wondering if there is a way to file the W-2 for a C corp via Turbotax for 2019.

To be clear the taxes for that year were filed but yesterday I received a letter from the IRS to say our W-2 submissions didn't match the 941 forms for the year. They where saying the W-2 was 0 and 941 was $15k. After investigating it a bit I have found that because we closed our Gusto account prior to the filing period Gusto didn't file the W-2s and as such, they aren't filed. I need to file them now to get the W-2 and 941's inline before filing this years taxes as we have closed the business and I shall be marking this years as the final submission.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

If you have the 2019 Business program you can fill them out in the program (not online) and mail them.

You can  prepare  W2s and 1099s by starting a new return, go to FILE - NEW TAX RETURN

On the Work on a Tax Return screen or Welcome to TurboTax screen , scroll down to the bottom and click the blue Prepare W-2/1099 button.

On the next screen, Choose where to prepare your forms, click the Online or Desktop option.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900412-how-do-i-create-w-2-and-1099-forms-in-turbotax-business

Nothing you can do thru TT ... you need to get the forms from the IRS and file them as needed.  You must get the RED forms from the IRS ... they are free by mail  ... then you have to mail them in.     https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/order-products

TomTom19822
Returning Member

Is there any reason why they can't be filed online now? Sorry if this is an obvious answer/ question but I am not based in the UK so not super familiar with the process.

Only the currect year forms (2021)   can be done electronically ... the SSA  doesn't accept prior year forms. 

TomTom19822
Returning Member

Hi would what Volvo girl has said above not work? I'm not in the US so getting the forms could be tough 

Do you have the 2019 Business program?  How many W2 do you have to prepare?  When I had to do a 1099NEC I printed it out and mailed it and didn't use the official red forms.  I never heard back from the IRS....yet.

TomTom19822
Returning Member

I don't have it I was just planning on getting it if I could file the W-2 using it. I'm not sure how else to do it from the UK so was looking for an electronic way. 

Is there somewhere I can download the form instead ?

Thanks

Tom

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies