How do I create W-2 and 1099 forms in TurboTax Business?
To create W-2 and 1099 forms in TurboTax Business, you'll need to go back to the initial opening screen, which appears when you first launch the program.
- Open TurboTax Business.
- Note: If you already have a tax return open, choose New Tax Return from the TurboTax File menu. Click Yes to save the return you currently have open.
- On the Work on a Tax Return screen, click the blue Prepare W-2/1099 button near the bottom. See a screenshot.
- On the next screen, select Online or Desktop.
- If you need to prepare 1099-INT or 1099-DIV forms, you'll need to select Online.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.