Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Arizona 140PY

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Arizona 140PY

You have to tell the software that you were a part year resident of Arizona in the My Info section of the online editions or the Personal Info section of the desktop editions.

When asked for your resident state in those sections you enter your state of residence as of 12/31/2018.  The program asks you if you lived in any other states and you must indicate Yes and then enter the state you moved from and the date you moved to your resident state.

The program will provide you with two state tax returns to complete.  The Arizona tax return should be a Form 140PY and whichever form is used for the other state.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Arizona 140PY

Yes, there is an Arizona Form 140PY - Part-Year Resident Personal Income Form

Go to this Arizona website for the form - https://azdor.gov/forms/2018-individual-tax-forms/form-140py-part-year-resident-personal-income-form

Do you have a question?

Arizona 140PY

Looking for which TurboTax version includes the 140PY form.  Couldn't find it in Deluxe

Arizona 140PY

All the TurboTax editions support a state tax return.

See this TurboTax website for the supported forms and schedules for Arizona using the TurboTax personal editions - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_az_online_individual.html

Arizona 140PY

YES, I completely understand all TurboTax versions support state returns.

In TurboTax, when I open my TurboTax Arizona form I can't find, either under Forms or in the step by step process, an option supporting an Arizona part year return.

It needs someone with Arizona loaded in their TurboTax to manually go through it and see if they can find the Arizona part year.

Arizona 140PY

You have to tell the software that you were a part year resident of Arizona in the My Info section of the online editions or the Personal Info section of the desktop editions.

When asked for your resident state in those sections you enter your state of residence as of 12/31/2018.  The program asks you if you lived in any other states and you must indicate Yes and then enter the state you moved from and the date you moved to your resident state.

The program will provide you with two state tax returns to complete.  The Arizona tax return should be a Form 140PY and whichever form is used for the other state.

Arizona 140PY

When in Forms Mode you should be able to click on Open Form at the top left of the screen.  Entering 140 should bring up all the iterations of the form 140.

Arizona 140PY

THANK YOU!!!

Adding info:

In TurboTax do:

- Forms menu

- Scroll down to Arizona section

- Select Info Worksheet

- On the Worksheet find 140PY

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies