Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyone else having a problem with logging in to Merrill Lynch to import docs (live assistance is BEYOND useless)?

Specifically - I can't even get it to make a connection with the financial institute.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

44 Replies

Anyone else having a problem with logging in to Merrill Lynch to import docs (live assistance is BEYOND useless)?

Be sure you can log into your Lynch account.   Be sure the Lynch account allows 3rd party access.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Jabe
Level 3

I'm having the same problem. Trying twice, Merrill also reports they can't log me in.  But if I go directly to Merrill on the same browser, the username and password works.  I didn't try a Lynch account as the site is now Merrill, but I will try

Jabe
Level 3

Nothing listed under Lynch!  Just Merrill-Merrill Edge

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

It could be a couple of different reasons as to why you are having this issue. You may want to double-check and make sure you have granted third-party access for TurboTax to import. I have also provided a couple of help articles below that may address your issue. If none of these work, please post back here for additional support:

What if I can't import my 1099?

How do I enter a large number of stock transactions in TurboTax Online?

How do I import my 1099?

@Jabe

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jabe
Level 3

Hi, I have brokerage accounts with Merrill and Schwab.  No problem downloading from Schwab through TurboTax.  I have downloaded from Merrill in past years without a problem.

I spoke with the IT staff at Merrill. They can't do anything at their end because I can get onto their site fine with app and laptop.  

Can I import via CSV or in some other way?  I am not willing to type in over 100 transactions by hand.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

There could be a couple of possibilities as to why you may be having this issue. You want to make sure you grant third-party access for TurboTax to import. I have also provided a couple of FAQ links below that may be able to assist you. Please post back here if your issue still persists after checking out the links below:

What if I can't import my 1099?

How do I enter a large number of stock transactions in TurboTax Online?

@Jabe

MooreJS

Merrill Lynch has previously been listed as a separate entity in TurboTax. The main Merrill Lynch login is different from the Merrill Edge login and has a different website. TurboTax needs to look into this issue on their end. The issues that people are having has nothing to do with Merrill or granting 3rd party access.

I'm having same problem.  I need to use the turbotax app because the online turbotax doesn't know how to handle backdoor Roth IRA contributions.  Online version reads in Merrill Lynch statements fine.  The Mac app can't open the Merrill Lynch account.  Note, it only has Merrill Edge option which is NOT Merrill Lynch account.  I bought the App because the online version can't handle backdoor Roth conversions, but the app can't read in my brokerage accounts.

Jabe
Level 3

It's sad that they haven't fixed this yet.  TURBO TAX IT STAFF:  where are you?  If this is a widespread problem with the Mac program, why can't you remedy it before taxes are due in mid April?  

The Mac version does download fine from Schwab, BoA.

The real sad part is the online version works. It downloads Merrill Lynch account info just fine. I did it before I switched to the Mac App. It’s not a Merrill problem. It’s a TurboTax IT problem.

I have not been able to import my Merrill Lynch stuff so far. I am able to login to my account thru a browser so not a problem with username/PW. Merrill Lynch said contact Turbotax.

There is no way to "grant access" to an application that I can see. The only choices are people.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried to use another browser? 

@TLHKayaker 

I can download the .pdf file using any browser I choose. The problem is Turbotax can't import the data from ML.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies