Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Anyone else having a problem with logging in to Merrill Lynch to import docs (live assistance is BEYOND useless)?

If you are unable to import the data, you can manually enter the information into Turbo Tax. 

If you would like assistance in importing it, please click here to give us a call. @TLHKayaker 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Steve hou

Anyone else having a problem with logging in to Merrill Lynch to import docs (live assistance is BEYOND useless)?

What do you mean by “ the online version”?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This means the online version using Turbo Tax in the browser vs the CD/Download.

@Steve hou  

I finally got the download to work after changing my PW with Merrill Lynch.  Now TurboTax is asking me for information that is not contained within the Merrill Lynch tax documents. This will be my last year of trying to use TurboTax.

Steve hou

Did you use the Bank of America or Merrill edge to make it work. I even tried it on a H & R Block and Merrill would not download there either 

This is from within the TurboTax Deluxe app running on a Mac. Once I changed my PW I was able to get the documents to import. 

Steve hou

Did you use the Bank of America slot or did you enter Merrill and get the Merrill edge logo?

Merrill

I think I figured out the Merrill problem.  Merrill Lynch has changed their name to Merrill or Merrill Edge.  If you transferred your 2021 data to the 2022 return and try to download the Merrill tax info you get numerous  "no tax related info" message.  You have to delete all the "Merrill Lynch" named accounts in the 2022 set up and then download your Merrill tax data.  Once I did that it works.  I also have been working with the Desk Top Premier versions.

Merrill

Merrill Lynch changed their name to Merrill.  If you transferred the Merrirll Lynch account data from your 2021 return to the 2022 return you have delete all the Merrill Lynch accounts and then you can download the 2022 Merrill tax information.

Merrill Lynch changed their name to Merrill.  If you transferred your info from your 2021 return into the 2022 return you have to delete the Merrill Lynch accounts.  Then download the Merrill accounts and it works.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for providing the way that it allowed yours to upload into Turbo Tax. This can help the community. @h-ryan 

jab12345

Hi, I am also having trouble with this. I use mymerrill.com (not merrilledge.com) to get my documents and when I try to connect I get "There was an error importing from this financial institution. Try again in a few hours or enter your info a different way. (100)"

I tried creating a separate login account for read-only third-party access and using those credentials--didn't work. I then tried manually entering just the totals for short and long-term covered sales reported to the IRS; but when I got to my Massachusetts state return, Turbotax asks for exact transaction dates, which I don't have for the aggregate transactions.

My 1099-B from Merrill also includes a number of trades with adjusted basis due to code W, "nondeductible loss from a wash sale." I entered in the total adjustments for all trades in the prompts in Turbotax, but I've seen other sources online saying that trades with adjustment codes have to reported one-by-one with exact dates?

Also, this post from Intuit/Turbotax says that 1099s from financial institutions should be importable as of February 15, 2023? https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/import-export-data-files/able-import-109...

jab12345

A related thread on the problem of entering in trade dates on the MA tax return: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/investments-and-rental-properties/discussion/how-enter-date-bought...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies