Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Anyone else having a problem with logging in to Merrill Lynch to import docs (live assistance is BEYOND useless)?

Please see our Help Article which provides troubleshooting steps for importing your 1099.

If this doesn't resolve your concern, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible so we can take a closer look at your concern.  

@jab12345 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Anyone else having a problem with logging in to Merrill Lynch to import docs (live assistance is BEYOND useless)?

Merrill Lynch has changed their name to Merrill or Merrill Edge.  If you transferred your 2021 data to the 2022 return and try to download the Merrill tax info you get numerous  "no tax related info" message.  You have to delete all the "Merrill Lynch" named accounts in the 2022 set up and then download your Merrill tax data.  Once I did that it works.  I also have been working with the Desk Top Premier versions.

I finally just changed my Merrill Lynch PW even though I wasn’t having any issues with logging in. That worked.

I did not create this post but am having this same problem.  I am using the desktop version.  A month ago I did a return for a relative and was able to download the data with their ML login id and password.  No problem at all.  Now I am trying to the same thing with my wife's ML account and keep getting the message "Please attempt your login again, if you continue to have difficulty contact Merrill Lynch."  ML says it is a turbo tax problem.  They said there is no 3rd party access switch that allows TT or any other user to access the information.  That if the id and password works on the browser it should work on downloading to TT.  At wits end...have had such good service from ML and TT except for this one issue.  

Any other ideas?

I went to Merrill Lynch and changed my password and that worked for me.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You may try the password tip provided by multiple users in this thread; see if that helps @miker7861.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hashgg

Same issue.   It goes through the Turbo Tax security feature and then says it ran into a problem.   Mine is Benefits Online through Merrill,  so this may be the issue  (brokerage account through employer).   

Have you received noticed that the information is ready to download?  May be a timing issue.  Brokerage information is usually not available until after February.  Another issue I had from last year was that Merrill Lynch changed their name to Merrill or Merrill Edge. All prior tax info from Merrill Lynch in the 2021 tax return that populated when you transferred the 2021 relevant data to the 2022 return needs to be deleted.  Then download the Merrill tax data and it will work.  I have used the Desk Top Premier for 2022 and prior years.  Hopefully this is the issue.

Allows me to log on, error message that no tax are documents available when I can download them myself from the Merrill site

Beyond useless. 👍

Beyond useless. Do I need to use something besides Turbo Tax? It looks like this has been going on for years. What a curse that I now have money in a Merrill account and taxes due in April.

How many days of my life will this consume????

Did you forward 2022 Merrill acct data into the proforma 2023 return? If so, delete the Merrill account data and then try to download again.  It was a fix we used last year that worked.  Maybe something was left over in your data.

No, I didn't have a Merrill account to report until this tax year.

Just figured out today that OUR problem is almost certainly due to our Merrill tax report having too many transactions for TurboTax to accommodate. Merrill nicely pointed to the few pages that will be entered on taxes. My suggestion for TurboTax would be a more useful error message--state that the report has too many transactions to download, or something similar, so that it doesn't appear that it is a connection problem.

Log in to your Merril account and remove OTP via text setting temporarily. Once you are done, go back and turn the setting back on.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies