Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Am I eligible for stimulus package check from IRS?

U.S. citizens and U.S. resident aliens will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 or $2,400 if they filed married filing jointly and if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number with adjusted gross income up to:

• $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns
  • $112,500 for head of household filers and
  • $75,000 for all other eligible individuals

Taxpayers will receive a 5% reduction in their payment for the amount their AGI is above these amounts.   You can check on the status of your stimulus payment at the IRS Get My Payment site.

@Michael1968

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bll

I did not receive a stimulas check in april.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Stimulus payments will be based on information from your most recent tax filings, either 2019, or 2018 if you haven't filed this season yet. But, the amount paid to you now will be reconciled on next year’s tax return based on your current 2020 situation.

You can check on the status of your stimulus payment at the IRS Get My Payment site.   @bll

I meet all of the governments  out line and still have not received. Now what?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If you qualify for it but don't receive the advance payment this year, you can file and collect for it next year when you file your taxes.   

Stimulus payments will be based on information from your most recent tax filings, either 2019, or 2018 if you haven't filed this season yet. But, the amount paid to you now will be reconciled on next year’s tax return based on your current 2020 situation.

You can check on the status of your stimulus payment at the IRS Get My Payment site.

@Doe57

@chuck2020

Thanks dawn but I check it every day for  it to keep  saying unavailable 

I did tried three times they keep said my taxes still rejected. I don’t understand this. I’m upset I’m deaf I know it was end of July 15th I don’t know what to do. 

@Rosa12smile  

Some rejected returns can be fixed and re-filed.  Some have “un-fixable” reasons for the rejection and have to be mailed instead.

You received a rejection email that we cannot see.  Please tell us word for word what it says so we know how to help you.  Or even copy and paste the email message.

If you used the IRS non-filer site to get a stimulus check, you will now get a  “duplicate SSN” rejection.  We are seeing people who did not notice or ignored the warning on that site about using it if they would be filing a tax return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/stimulus-how-to-file-your-return-after-getting-rej...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I have looked on the irs.org site and it says that I DO qualify for the stimulus $, but yet I still have NOT received any money. When will the last of these deposits/checks be sent to taxpayers who qualify for the 1st stimulus? I am still waiting and getting impatient! Thanks!

I filed 2019 returns via Turbotax and I received a reduced refund with no explanation!  My California Refund was suppose to be $1,626.00 but instead I received $1,010.00 which was deposited into my bank account.  Even if with the deductions for MAX and  TurboTax Live Deluxe was taken out I should have gotten back $1,401.00, which is more than what I received.

@DieYWilliams wrote:

I filed 2019 returns via Turbotax and I received a reduced refund with no explanation!  My California Refund was suppose to be $1,626.00 but instead I received $1,010.00 which was deposited into my bank account.  Even if with the deductions for MAX and  TurboTax Live Deluxe was taken out I should have gotten back $1,401.00, which is more than what I received.

If you have not received a letter of explanation from the California FTB in the next few weeks, then give them a call.

TurboTax fees are not deducted from a state tax refund, only from the federal tax refund.

The IRS site says I qualify for a stimulus check. My question is----------why have I NOT received one yet?  Thanks!

@laineerc123 wrote:

The IRS site says I qualify for a stimulus check. My question is----------why have I NOT received one yet?  Thanks!

Only the IRS determines when or if a stimulus payment is distributed.

Go to this IRS website for stimulus payment information FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

Use this IRS website for stimulus payment status - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Use this IRS website for get my payment FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

.to Intuit- Turbo Tax staff!

Hi, I’m Raymond Acciardo and the two times I tried to find out where my Stimulus check is; I was denied a coherent answer!!  Can you help me?  I file every year with Turbo Tax and you have my details.

thanks,

I'm  in the same situation  can't find a answer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies