turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Activation

TTax Activation is a mess.  My issue was the result of using removable USB drives that made TTax think it was a different computer.  Others have had issues with the local PC reach the TTax validation server during startup, making the software prompt the user for a new activation code.  At this point, TTax doesn't have much credibility in this area.  Call the tech support line and prepare for a long hold and a long call, but worst case is they will provide you a new code.  But I'd try to posted solutions first, since it can be a loooong wait. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Activation

@patel1942 Please see the TurboTax FAQ: TurboTax 2019 requests license activation at every launch for some troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
motion621
Returning Member

Activation

I Bought tubotax standard edition, from costco and I have the activation code ready. Where do I enter the code?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Activation

@motion621 Please see Activating TurboTax CD/Download software for assistance with where to enter the activation code. 

patel1942

Activation

Thanks for your response. It confirmed my  assumption. I wished Turbo Tax support people knew this as I have spent more than a hour with them with out any resolution.

jordanwaywong777
Returning Member

Activation

If I uninstall TurboTax 2019 from a computer, will it increase my computer limit to one more until 5 is reached?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Activation

Please see the Customer Support phone number below for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies