turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Shawrae1
Returning Member

a

I'm a 19 year old hi my own home I work full-time and take care of my brother and sister hey Heather household I heard you can use your last paycheck stubs and get a cash advance on your taxes how does that

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

a

No you cannot use your pay stub and get a cash advance from TurboTax.

CAN I USE MY PAY STUB TO PREPARE MY TAX RETURN?

Please do not try to use your pay stub to prepare your tax return.  It will not match the W-2 that you will get from your employer in just a few short weeks.  Your employer has until the end of January to give you your W-2.  By waiting for your W-2 you will be able to file accurately.  If you try to guess what goes in the W-2 “boxes” and mess up your return, you will need to amend.  It takes about 4 months to amend a tax return.  The IRS will not be accepting 2019 returns until the end of January —  so you can wait for your W-2.  If you are hoping to get a quick tax refund by filing early, using your pay stub might have the opposite result.  Your tax return will not match the W-2 reported to the IRS by your employer; this may result in rejection of your return — or if accepted, could actually delay your refund for months.  And, if you are hoping to get EIC or the refundable amount of the child tax credit, your refund will not be released until late February anyhow.  It is much wiser to wait for your W-2 and file correctly.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

a

No you cannot enter your paystubs on your tax return in place of a W-2.  The IRS and your State receive copies of the W-2 from employers, NOT paystubs.  You are required to enter on a tax return the tax data from the W-2.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for information on Advances for a 2019 tax refund - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/01/27333

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies