turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2020 Illinois state refund status

TurboTax email says my state return was accepted, but when I check Illinois they say "The information you entered cannot be matched to a tax return in our system. If you filed electronically, please allow up to seven days from the date you submitted your return for it to be logged into our system. If you mailed your return, please allow up to ten weeks from the mailing date for it to be logged into our system."  I double check the information I imputed and it is correct.

Why the difference?  What does it mean that my state return was “accepted” per the TurboTax email to me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

xmasbaby0:  The article you referenced said "Accepted means your tax return is now in the government's hands and has passed the initial inspection".  

My point is when I check with Illinois they tell me: " "The information you entered cannot be matched to a tax return in our system."  

So Illinois is saying they don't have the tax return, but TurboTax says it is "accepted".  That is my problem and the disconnect.

TT tells you that the e-file has been accepted.  That acceptance came from the state.     TT gets no further information from IL.   Has it been longer than the seven days the IL message mentioned?     I also live in IL---and IL is not exactly known for speed and efficiency  in processing tax returns.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Hope you are enjoying the warm weather?

TT email was on Feb 13.  Today is Feb 23..  Maybe they are just taking longer to log in the return?

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies