turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

zinj
Level 2

2019 TurboTax - "All Available activations for that code have been used. Error code:603"

TurboTax is a dominant (but perpetually flawed) product.  Intuit is a terrible company.  In the past I've quoted chapter and verse in the tax code where TurboTax has gotten something wrong and for three years it wasn't fixed.  I eventually stopped looking.

Other issues, like "seeing" a state form before printing but then that form not actually printing (just missing!) - Intuit didn't even try to fix.  They just refunded me my license fee that year as I had to do THAT ONE FORM by hand -- even though within the software it was calculating correctly and was visible right up to the print event.

This license issue is just another instance of Intuit's junior varsity coding and atrocious customer service.  Intuit is gaining ground on health insurance companies on my list of least pleasant corporate interactions.

zinj
Level 2

2019 TurboTax - "All Available activations for that code have been used. Error code:603"

That 'solution' failed

@zinj wrote:

That 'solution' failed

I'll tell you something to try if you're using the Windows version to see if it makes any difference, and how you can speak to TurboTax Support, if needed.

• Close TurboTax.
  • Right-click on your desktop TurboTax icon, and choose Properties.
  • In the Properties popup, go to the Compatibility tab.
  • Place a checkmark for "Run this program as administrator."
  • Click Apply and OK/Save.
  • Launch TurboTax, and see if it still shows the error.

Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number and incident number.  In the form, use the dropdown menu to indicate the CD/download product and then your OS.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

zinj
Level 2

Thanks - I have an incident number and was on hold for 2 1/2 hours listening to the message about how "important my call is to them".

No answer.  

I did try the run-as-admin trick.  Didn't have any different result

Running TurboTax repair option from original CD does not fix the problem

I am unable to install the latest TurboTax program to do my taxes. It tells me I have already installed the program 5 times on my devices, which is not true. I have been unable to reach anyone at your company to see if there is anyway to fix this, or if I will have to use another company's program.

I notice from your boards that many customers are having the same problem, but your website does not offer any solution that works.

Pls advise, tax deadline is approaching.

Lawrence 

[phone number removed]

[phone number removed] (cell)

@lkootnikoff wrote:

I am unable to install the latest TurboTax program to do my taxes. It tells me I have already installed the program 5 times on my devices, which is not true. I have been unable to reach anyone at your company to see if there is anyway to fix this, or if I will have to use another company's program.

I notice from your boards that many customers are having the same problem, but your website does not offer any solution that works.

Pls advise, tax deadline is approaching.

Lawrence Kootnikoff

[phone number removed]

[phone number removed] (cell)

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

kaiso

Installed on one pc, above message appears when I try to use program.  This will be the last year I use Turbotax.  Get your code jockeys to sort out these problems before you release the product.  It's now July.  This should not still be happening!

BigX
Level 2

I believe this is a shabby/defective codes by the Turbotax programmer. The software reports back to the server to authenticate the licensed copy.  I notice the error came up during the busiest tax time, because the server is overloaded and unable to authenticate. It does not happen during the month of May-June, since the server was free and able to authenticate properly. So I got my tax done, printed in June, and mailed out at the beginning of July.  In the month of April,  the original tax due date, I tried my method, of disconnected from the internet. That seemed to work, since the later on updated, the trick has failed.  Now I'm unable to do the it again. I would try it during the non-peaked time, or call for the tech support, which is probably useless.  Sad.

I'm not in any shape or form working for Intuit, just wanted to help out. It is sad that greed has taken over the once very nice software.

jmelisko

I also ran into this issue as well when I replaced my computer with a new one. I certainly did not install the software on 5 computers, but I still got the message. I tried repairing the software, uninstalling the software, turning off my antivirus and firewall, etc.. without success. Strangely, I noticed that I only get the activation message when launching TurboTax 2019 after I plug my flash drive with my tax file on it. If I launch TurboTax 2019 without my flash drive connected, I do not get the activation message. I then plug in my flash drive and am able to work on my taxes without issue. I have been able to replicate this numerous times, so I have learned to attach my flash drive AFTER starting TurboTax 2019. I hope this works for/helps someone else.

@jmelisko wrote:

I also ran into this issue as well when I replaced my computer with a new one. I certainly did not install the software on 5 computers, but I still got the message. I tried repairing the software, uninstalling the software, turning off my antivirus and firewall, etc.. without success. Strangely, I noticed that I only get the activation message when launching TurboTax 2019 after I plug my flash drive with my tax file on it. If I launch TurboTax 2019 without my flash drive connected, I do not get the activation message. I then plug in my flash drive and am able to work on my taxes without issue. I have been able to replicate this numerous times, so I have learned to attach my flash drive AFTER starting TurboTax 2019. I hope this works for/helps someone else.

Thanks for reporting that.   I have seen a couple of other users say they had activation problems while having external drives connected.

BigX
Level 2

I think you got the answer. After unplug and plug in my tax file USB drive, the activation error went away.😃

BigX
Level 2

I know this is on the 11 hours to solve this problem. Please see below solution. Plug and unplug your usb drive or flash drive during start up the turbotax 2019, seems to by-pass the activation error.

Omg... today is the last day and now i am having this issue too.  I felt like i am being scammed by Turbotax.  Had been using this for almost 10 years now and now it is garbage asking me to buy another copy of the software that i owned and installed.  I didn't even finish filing my return yet

I’m having the same

issues and cannot get tech support. I really need access to my  2019 files but I cannot locate my license code. Therefore I cannot open my files. This just started asking for the code. I am livid. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies