turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amh011519

1099-R form

I am holding my 1099-R form in my hand but TurboTax is telling me the form isn't ready yet. It's telling me the form will be ready by 1/21/20 but that was seven days ago. I would like to enter these data today.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

1099-R form

Don't know where you are seeing the the Form 1099-R would or would not be available.  It is not a form that would be included in the TurboTax software just like a W-2 is not included in the software.  The 1099-R is received from the payer and entered on your federal tax return.

To enter, edit or delete a form 1099-R -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button

Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R

j4real78

1099-R form

I'm having the same issues and even tried uninstalling turbotax 2019 Premier and reinstalled.  I still get the same message that it will be installed as of 1/21/2020.  I did the whole search thing and it still does the same thing?  When will this be fixed?

1099-R form

It's working for 99.55% of all desktop users.

a FEW folks have been having some issues with that.

Talk to Customer Support during their working hours.  ( I know one person finally got ti fixed with a brand new download of the most current installation file of course they had to uninstall first...might have had to do a forced uninstall)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

1099-R form

I'm trying to enter my 1099-R forms but when I click on the button to proceed, it just goes to a blank screen. I  have been trying for two days now with the same result. 

The only option I'm being given is to upgrade for $30 so I can get support. I don't think I should have to pay for support when there is obviously a technical issue with a function that is supposed to be included with what I already have. 

1099-R form

@dawnwells23 wrote:

I'm trying to enter my 1099-R forms but when I click on the button to proceed, it just goes to a blank screen. I  have been trying for two days now with the same result. 

The only option I'm being given is to upgrade for $30 so I can get support. I don't think I should have to pay for support when there is obviously a technical issue with a function that is supposed to be included with what I already have. 

This is usually a web browser issue.  Clear cache and cookies on your web browser.  Close the web browser.  Relaunch the browser.  Sign onto you TurboTax account and try the 1099-R entry again - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

If the problem persists then change your web browser.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies