turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I get the confirmation number to enter into my Turbo Tax Deluxe (desktop) program?

Unable to eFile without the State efile confirmation number, even though I received a confirmation email from TurboTax for purchase of state eFile

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do I get the confirmation number to enter into my Turbo Tax Deluxe (desktop) program?

Please call product support and give them your serial number and then they can give you the confirmation number you need. Here's the number to call:  (800) 446-8848

To find your serial number, go into the program to the payment section, select pay by credit card--then you should see a screen pop up (an example is attached). Look on that screen for the serial number, and then call us. Thank you!

View solution in original post

33 Replies

1-0-8211

South Carolina efile confirmation number

what is nyc state confirmation number

Please call product support and give them your serial number and then they can give you the confirmation number you need. Here's the number to call:  (800) 446-8848

To find your serial number, go into the program to the payment section, select pay by credit card--then you should see a screen pop up (an example is attached). Look on that screen for the serial number, and then call us. Thank you!

patti

even during tax season 'product support' is only available weekdays, limited hours.  Not happy.
wild_mann

Not happy here either! But the Post office is open on the weekend. I will file a paper copy and keep the $25.00

should not need a code!  I purchased the software.  On the phone with support for over an hour trying to get it to work.  Had to apply a TurboTax software update.  It quit working.  Had to call support back because I could not re-use the code provided and had to get a new one.   After another hour+ of phone time, they gave me a new code.   I purchased the software, it should just work!
mkholman

1-0-8266

During tax season, TurboTax support is open 7 days a week. See below for the hours by time zone:

Central:  7am to 11pm

Eastern:  8am to Midnight

Mountain:  6am to 10pm

Pacific:  5am to 9pm

During off season, TurboTax support is open Monday through Friday. See below for the hours by time zone:

Central:  7am to 7pm

Eastern:  8am to 8pm

Mountain:  6am to 6pm

Pacific:  5am to 5pm

Year-round you can use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages:

TurboTax on Facebook and Team TurboTax on Twitter

I agree.  Logged into all the software I have purchased over the years and option to download is there other than that no other info such as State Product Confirmation Code.

Generally speaking, the only reason you might need a serial number is because you're unable to complete a purchase within the program.  Maybe you accidentally purchased the wrong version and need to upgrade (i.e. you purchased Basic, but need Deluxe), maybe you need to purchase a second state, or maybe you're read to e-file your state return.  When one of these things happens, you’ll see a "Let's Complete Your Purchase Online" screen. (see picture below)

Let's Complete Your Purchase OnlineLet's Complete Your Purchase Online

When you click continue, if for any reason, you’re unable to complete the purchase on your own, and click on the “We can help you here” link (see picture below)…

We can help you hereWe can help you here

… the next screen – “Purchase By Phone” gives you instructions on what to do next in order to get that confirmation number.  You'll call customer service with the number provided in step 1 and provide the agent with the serial number provided in step 2. (see picture below)

Purchase by PhonePurchase by Phone

The agent will then provide you with the confirmation number that you'll enter in the field below step 3.  And ta-da!  You're able to move forward.

NVVT
Returning Member

This is a yearly unnecessary hassle. I am on automatic annual purchase and never get any confirmation number so I am always stuck when I am ready to e file. So should I undo my auto account renewal and purchase Premiere Turbotax at Staples (lower price) and will that get me my needed confirmation number?

To complicate matters it seems Turbotax no longer works with IExplorer and even though I have chrome and firefox they cannot be my default browser so that's another issue. 

I tried filing my taxes with TurboTax but something went wrong with my device that I was doing my taxes on and I am not sure if my filing tax went all the way through I got a confirmation order number but I don’t know if my tax return went all the way through my email is [email address removed]. I just want to know if my taxes have been filed and if I am getting a tax refund sent to my address

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Sign back in to your TurboTax account.  There you will see the current status of your return.  It will state return filed and whether "Accepted or Rejected".

You can also check the e-file status in the "After Filing" tab on this page.  

Here is a help page if you need more assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies