clmoore357

On my military W2 the address for me is a series of letters and numbers instead of an address. What do I put in under the W2 section for city, state, and zip code since there isn’t one listed?

BillM223

On your W-2, try choosing the option of Address Type of "Military (APO, FPO, or DPO)", and see if the boxes change to what you need. The Address Type defaults to U.S. Address unless you change it.

clmoore357

We actually looked up a little more info and the numbers/letters seem to be the finance office’s code that the pay is processed through. 

But even changing it to APO requires a city/state/zip. Will it be a problem if I just plug in our normal address? Or do we need to correct it through the military first? 

BillM223

Oh, good. Yes, just enter your normal address. Actually, the address that you enter on the W-2 isn't particularly important since the W-2 is tied to your Social Security number.

It is the address on your Personal Info or My Info that is important. This needs to be the address the IRS can reach at you at in case they need to mail you some communication.