turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need more time to pay fees

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

If you need more time to pay your TurboTax Online fees, your return will be saved online until you can pay.

TurboTax accepts credit, debit, and pre-paid cards with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo. Like many other U.S. online merchants, we can only process cards with a U.S. billing address.

A second option is to pay with your federal refund, also known as Pay With My Refund (charges may apply).

We're unable to take check, money order, or cash payments.

Related Information:

Source: TurboTax FAQ

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes 

RobertG
Expert Alumni

For any discussion concerning waiving/deferment of fees, you would need to reach out to our customer service at the number below:

What is the TurboTax phone number?

If you get hit with a refund offset, what's left over might not be enough to cover your fees. Here's what happens next:

1. We'll send an email with instructions on how to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Pay With My Refund fee, if any) by a certain date.
  2. If the fees remain unpaid by the specified date, we'll send two more follow-up emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.
  3. Finally, if you still haven't paid by the requested date, we'll send a final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Pay With My Refund fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.

I need more time to pay my fees... It was suppose to come out of my refund but the IRS took it and now I owe money for filing fees. I was laid off dued to the Covid-19 and I need more time to pay....how do I get more time to pay this balance?

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

If you need more time to pay your TurboTax fees, and the fees were supposed to come out of your Federal refund that no longer exists or is late, you will need to contact customer service. 

Customer service can delay when the fees are to be taken from your bank account. If you have received an e-mail from TurboTax and you need to delay the payment you can contact customer service through the program (use the Help icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen) or here or here

@hancock-michelle

Orjones93

Hello, can you give me a Extension on paying for my TurboTax. I have not received my income tax check and I am not working. I do not have the funds in my account. Can I get an extension for 30 more days? 
Thanks

Olivia Jones

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies