turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My stimulus check is wrong. What now?

Missing $500 for dependents. 

If you are over the amount to get a return, do you get any benefits at all?

I met all of the criteria, I'm married and file as married filing jointly,  and have 3 children.  We recieved 3400, instead of 3900. I'm very thankful for this check , but just curious if I have the ability to receive the additional 500?

Mine is too!  Short by 1 child.   If You get any answers, please let me know.  I will do the same. 

Josh99jq

I am having this same issue. Me and my wife got married in August of 2019 and had a son in October of 2019. We filed our taxes in February (still havent recieved our refund) and my wife 1200 and I received nothing.

cochen

Who should I call or contact to make a claim? One of our dependents was born February of last year but the deposit I received did not include him. I filed 2019 taxes on April of this year. Is there a way to request the extra $500 that was not paid for my little one? Thank you. 

Dpate84

I have a dependent and only received 1200. How can I get this corrected?

Mine is wrong as well, didn’t get the $500 for my infant. Question for everyone, did you e-file or mail it in?

@Dpate84 wrote:

I have a dependent and only received 1200. How can I get this corrected?

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

For security reasons, the IRS plans to mail a letter about the economic impact payment to the taxpayer’s last known address within 15 days after the payment is paid. The letter will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the payment.

We have the same issue.  Expected $3900 for married filling jointly under $150k with 3 kids but got $3400. 

The online calculator said we would receive $1900.00 for our stimulus check but we received $6.15 how do I find out how to correct this

jefs74

Instead of $3400, we received $2725.10.  My wife, 2 kids under 17, and myself.  AGI was under the $150K limit, so not sure how they came up with the odd amount.....Guess I'm waiting till next spring to get it corrected when I file 2020 taxes?  Not sure how that helps us 'now' when people need it.

So I recieved 775 this morning. I was supposed to receive 2700 which is for me and my 3 children. But it also showed up as a TCS TREAS 449 which means they took some money out for something. I am owed child support (around 3100) so I am not sure what is going on. What did it post to your bank account as?

Vanessa80
Returning Member

I am missing mine as well ,and there is no one to call right now irs not taking calls

By the end of which tax year?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies