Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My security code to activate my 2019 software does not work

@ dliao 

Sorry you had a bad experience with phone Support.  I've asked a Moderator to review your posting above.

clarkrn

I’m using Windows 8.1 but having the same issue getting error code 630. Actually I was able to download and begin a return. It’s when I came back a couple of days later and tried to log in that I was prompted for the license key again and received the error. I’ve spent 2 hours on phone with TT support and still get the same error code. Even tried a completely new download with key code and still received same error. I’m going to try another computer next and see if that works. And possibly try using internet service at work so check that too. SO frustrating!!!!!

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@clarkrn To resolve this issue, you can call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CraigB1

FYI for everyone.  Error Code 630 is an error when validating the license code.  As a computer tech/programmer who has received the error, I believe the error to be involved with Windows and turbo tax combined.  I've used the same code on multiple machines both have Windows 10 Pro and all current updates; however they have different "other" software on them.  One PC is fine, the original PC worked initially however after installing an Intuit program update it ask for license code on the activation screen and never worked again.  Even doing an uninstall and reinstall doesn't work.  Used same download on 2nd pc ran fine and been working for a week.

I have followed that procedure, and never gotten a TurboTax expert that had any expertise in solving my problem.  Each expert I was connected with had never before heard of the problem, and were unable to help me in any way. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are still having issues, please contact customer support by following the instructions below.   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

But if you still feel you require additional assistance, you can contact us at (800) 446-8848.   

I had the same issue, so I called TurboTax user support and they walked me through a series of corrections.  Turns out that my modem was the issue.  Once I shut down my computer and restarted my modem, my problem was fixed.  The other common issue is the antivirus software.  You might try disabling it.

On the third call. Support cannot help. Fix Please. 

Finished the third call to your support. They told me to just ask amazon for refund and rebuy through your site.

Are you for real right now? 

I'm serious intuit. Are you for real? 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@snyder698 If you obtained the TurboTax CD from an authorized retailer, your license code is printed on the front of the insert in your box. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling. Delete all folders, not just uninstall software. 

For information on your code not working please see this link: My code doesn't work  Also the desktop version can only be installed on a windows PC or a Mac.Please see this link for more assistance: Security software and TurboTax  If you need help installing, we can help with Windows and Mac .

Otherwise if customer care was unable to assist, it sounds like you may need a replacement.

For further questions with this, you would need to speak with a TurboTax customer care agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link: Contact Us
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"

Interesting.  From your description, is doesn't sound like the problem was with the actual update since the same update worked on one computer but gives the activation error on the other.  Since you've got two PCs with TTAX installed and with the same update and with the problem on one but not the other it sounds like you're in a position to try a few experiments to gain a bit more insight on the problem.  On the PC that works, did you install the software on this 2nd PC only AFTER hitting the Error Code 630 problem on the 1st PC?  On the PC that's working, if you exit TTAX,  disconnect that PC from the internet (no WiFi or ethernet cable connection), and then start TTAX does the program then ask for the activation key or give you any other error (that is, does  TTAX program activation require that you have a working internet connection?).  When you did the uninstall/reinstall did you delete all files and folders that TTAX may have created during the earlier install before reinstalling?  Do you have Windows System Restore running on the 1st PC and have you tried regressing to an earlier restore point (prior to the 1st install of TTAX); have you tried booting into Windows recovery mode and running a disc error check/fix?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

I would suggest Forcefully uninstall and reinstall TurboTax. Uninstall everything before reinstall. Delete all folders, not just uninstall software.These folders are usually hidden, to unhide them choose tools (at top of any folder) - then folder options - then view then check show hidden files, uncheck when done 

There is only 1 PC and 1 MAC. Didn't read the rest. 

Already done. Does not work. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Since you continue to have problems, please click here to for What is the TurboTax phone number so that an agent can assist you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies