Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

laquita1

My Ohio tax return was accepted immediately and now says posted but under manual review. What does this mean

Might want to check within 48 hrs after submission and after you get the email that your account has full access.

My Ohio tax return was accepted immediately and now says posted but under manual review. What does this mean

Just wanted to update.  My status changed.  It is now set for direct deposit for Jan.  24th....

The status just updated today and it now says dd set for January 24th 

Rebeccamn

What did you do to get the status to change?! Mine is under manual review as well. 

I filed on the 20. The return was accepted today but says under manual review. Has anyone had this issue was there any additional information needed? Also I see some are updated next day, did anyone have that happen for the 23 tax year? 

I did nothing.  It updated on its own, and the new update is it was just deposited into my bank account today 😊.  Just keep checking on the Ohio site 

Lots of us.  I got the same message 2 days later it updated to dd sent out and today it was deposited into my account.  Just keep checking the Ohio site 😊

Thanks so much. That gives me a piece of mind! 

I just received the same message when checking Ohio's website, that my return is under review. I filed on the 19th and it was accepted today. I've never had this happen before, but feel better seeing that others are in the same boat. Hopefully it'll change soon. 

I think mine was actually filed on the 19th not the 20th seems odd we are all in the same boat but glad I’m not the only one. 

I got the same message not sure why I paid in almost 1400 and it says I only get back 546 and I have no offsets in the state not sure what's going on my information never changes its frustrating and sure hope it don't take 150 days like this is crazy. 

Received the same message when checking the state today.  Says my e-file was accepted on the 29th, but has been sent to manual review.  Hopefully it clears itself up and doesn't take 150 days.

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

This is an Ohio State issue.  It appears to have been implemented by the state due to high volumes of fraud.  

Per the Ohio Department of Taxation:

With income tax fraud and identity theft on the rise, the Ohio Department of Taxation (ODT) is committed to safeguarding taxpayer dollars by increasing security measures. The identity verification letter is just one of the tools ODT is using to prevent fraudsters from receiving a refund as a result of identity theft.

Click here for Ohio State information on "Where Is My Refund?

Click here for information on the Ohio "Identity Verification Letter".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Based on the fact that others are reporting that they received this message, but then had a deposit date after 48 hours, makes it seem like this could be a system error as well. 

Thank you for the information. This also happened to me and it was alarming. I feel much better! Will update on how long it takes to resolve.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies