Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Ohio tax return was accepted immediately and now says posted but under manual review. What does this mean

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

91 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

My Ohio tax return was accepted immediately and now says posted but under manual review. What does this mean

It means a DOT (dept of taxation) employee is looking it over. Something on your return caught the attention of the DOT computer.

It may be nothing more than it's so early that things aren't running smoothly yet

Does it typically take the full 60 days to resolve?
Hal_Al
Level 15

No, but it depends on timing and the details

I also run into same problem usually what are next steps
Hal_Al
Level 15

You can only wait until DOT sends your refund or contacts you.  You can try calling DOT, but don't expect more than "it's under review".  1-800-282-1784
Adkins39

My state was accepted and the next day under manual review for 150 days….  That seems excessive…?  I file the same every year , only difference is my new job taxes a ton more and my state refund was quit higher then normal.   My question is does it normally take 150 days ? 

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

Is your state Ohio, as in the question above?

This is an Ohio State issue.  It appears to have been implemented by the state due to high volumes of fraud.  

Per the Ohio Department of Taxation:

With income tax fraud and identity theft on the rise, the Ohio Department of Taxation (ODT) is committed to safeguarding taxpayer dollars by increasing security measures. The identity verification letter is just one of the tools ODT is using to prevent fraudsters from receiving a refund as a result of identity theft.

Click here for Ohio State information on "Where Is My Refund?

Click here for information on the Ohio "Identity Verification Letter".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm following!  I just got the same thing and have the same questions!

ee-ea
Level 15

Mine says the same.  Filed yesterday.  Accepted today, but under manual review.... annoying 

MzTink106

You might be getting a letter from DOT to self identify I got the same  message but every year I have to self identify don’t worry to much 

ee-ea
Level 15

Received the same. Been at the same address & job for 10 years 🤷🏻‍♀️

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

This is an Ohio State issue.  It appears to have been implemented by the state due to high volumes of fraud.  

Per the Ohio Department of Taxation:

With income tax fraud and identity theft on the rise, the Ohio Department of Taxation (ODT) is committed to safeguarding taxpayer dollars by increasing security measures. The identity verification letter is just one of the tools ODT is using to prevent fraudsters from receiving a refund as a result of identity theft.

Click here for Ohio State information on "Where Is My Refund?

Click here for information on the Ohio "Identity Verification Letter".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies