turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My efile failed. needed an update, updated. Still fails. Still needs update, but no update. It says you've had a technical hiccup. When will you fix it?

I am currently having the same issue. I updated my Mac. That did not resolve the issue. I have looked for an update but the Turbo Tax site, says that my program is up to date. 

My efile failed. needed an update, updated. Still fails. Still needs update, but no update. It says you've had a technical hiccup. When will you fix it?

Tried the delete and reinstall. There was an update, which I installed. That had no effect on my ability to efile. This may be the last year I use Turbo Tax. 

REF64
Returning Member

"There is an update available for your version of Turbo Tax. Before you can file electronically, you'll need to get this update. To do this, go to the Online menu and select Check for Updates".....done all of this, dumped everything including the actual return twice. Same result. Download from the online instead of the CD, same result! Now what? I did not pay this money to get nothing. This looks like a long term, unresolved issue. What needs changed to E-file? Tried some of what was written online, but sadly, it did not resolve my particular situation.

I'm having the same issue. Did you get a solution? 

REF64
Returning Member

unable to obtain an resolution yet

Tiggerzr-7s
Returning Member

I have deleted and reloaded this twice. Called intuit twice, and hung upon twice.

REF64
Returning Member

Never reached Intuit. Never heard from them. This is day 2. Switching to H & R  Block. Unfortunate waste of money.

Tiggerzr-7s
Returning Member

So it seem this has been a problem since June 4 2019. And they not fixed the problem and continue to sell the product.....

Tiggerzr-7s
Returning Member

This is still a problem in 2019.....

mrosa

Not a lot of comfort in knowing there are quite a few people experiencing the same issue. I too am seeing this. Was finally able to speak with a 'support' rep on the phone who was of very little help other than to say that several people have been having this issue but they do not have an ETA to have resolved. Suggested I print and paper file. Seriously???  Why did I pay for the CD AND audit support AND an additional state AND efile for two states only to be told to paper file??? To add insult to injury, they CLOSED the ticket as resolved.  They resolved NOTHING.  I've been a Turbo-Tax user for over two decades. It appears that it's time to dump them.

I am also having this problem. Never got contacted. Don't know when I would be able to file my taxes!

I was on the phone for 45 minutes with someone from the help desk. At the end of the call, she still could not solve the issue and I still haven't been able to file my taxes. I'm still getting the same error message "technical hiccup." I did get a "response email" just now. It thought I had a "billing error" problem.  Wow. What has happened to Turbo Tax?! I will not purchase this product again. 

Please let us know how that works.  

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

When attempting to e-file a return in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software, this message appears:

There is an update available for your version of TurboTax. Before you can file electronically, you’ll need to get this update. To do this, go to the Online menu and select Check for Updates.

However, after updating, the same message continues to reappear, resulting in an endless loop.

Workaround

Some customers have been able to successfully e-file with this workaround:

1. Follow the steps in the article Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows updating issues.
  2. Now try e-filing again. If that didn't work, first uninstall and then reinstall your TurboTax program.
  3. Finally, if you're still unable to e-file after following the above steps, you can either sign up to be notified by email when a fix has been released, or you can file a conventional paper return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies