turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Michigan Schedule W

Can someone explain who needs Michigan Schedule W and what it is for? It’s on my taxes this year and can’t be e-filed. My wife and I have always e-filed our state taxes. I don’t understand why this year we need Michigan Schedule W and can’t e-file our state taxes. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

Michigan Schedule W

Michigan Schedule W is a list of the state income tax withholding on your tax return. Most Michigan taxpayers would need to file it as most have some state income tax withheld on their W-2 or 1099 forms. 

The expected release date for this form is 2/10/22. It is currently unsupported, but that is because the form is not yet finalized for e-file. 

Click here to check for updates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Michigan Schedule W

So it will be able to be e-filed once it is finalized?

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

Michigan Schedule W

I think it will be supported in e-file after the form is available. 

Spre
Level 2

Michigan Schedule W

When was this change made? Been filing with the since 2008 and I have never had this form or the non ability to efile aswell?

Michigan Schedule W

@Spre wrote:

When was this change made? Been filing with the since 2008 and I have never had this form or the non ability to efile aswell?

TurboTax does not support the e-filing of Michigan Schedule W, Withholding Tax Schedule.  It is estimated to be finalized and available in TurboTax on 01/19/2023

It has been a Michigan individual tax return schedule since 2015

Spre
Level 2

Michigan Schedule W

That entire statement is an oxymoron, because I've efiled my michigan state every year with tt since 08, Including 15 16 17 18 19 20 and 21 so to say it doesn't support e-filing it is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Michigan Schedule W

@Spre Go to this TurboTax website for the Federal and State forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

Spre
Level 2

Michigan Schedule W

Schedule W is NOT a required form, unless you file by mail, its turbo tax screwing up and not one of these idiots are helpful.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Michigan Schedule W

If by chance the Schedule W was selected in error you can remove the form by using the following steps.  Schedule W  is not required to be filed with your return, it simply states that it may speed the processing of your return and should be attached if the return is mailed.

To delete a form in TurboTax Online you can use the instructions here. And placed below for your convenience.

1. Sign in to TurboTax and open your return by selecting Continue or Pick up where you left off
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form
  4. Select Delete next to the form, schedule, and worksheet in the list and follow the instructions
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies