Here's the general procedure for viewing a list of all the forms in your return and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:
- Sign in to TurboTax and open your return by selecting Continue or Pick up where you left off
- In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools
- In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form
- Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions
Tips and tricks
- Need to remove a business that transferred over from last year? Find out how to properly remove it.
- To delete a form that came in the mail (for example, W-2, 1098, or 1099) it's best to do it from within your return. Search for the form name in the search bar (for example, W-2) and select the Jump to link in the search results to get to the summary screen. From here, you can select the trash can icon to delete.
- You can't delete Form 1040. If you want to get rid of the information you've entered, you can clear your return.