Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It seems turbo tax won't let me go back and change something that I need to change. So I won't be using this site next year. And will not recommend it to anyone

Yes Turbotax messed me up with may State taxes last year, and and I finally got my rebate a year later. This year, it only gave me me the option to fill out a 1040 SR return. I wasn't retired till the end of 2023. so I filled it out. Now the IRS is investigating my return. WHY I will never use turbo tax again. Pathetic.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

It seems turbo tax won't let me go back and change something that I need to change. So I won't be using this site next year. And will not recommend it to anyone

Some users are reporting that they are not able to view the right side of the screen such as below.

Move the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen to access Edit and delete functions.

If you are a Mac user, see @MonikaK1 above.

@AmyC_42 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for your help. I finally did notice the scroll bar, but it took a while. That problem is solved. 

Still having an issue re: entering into TT investment sales not reported on a 1099-B. Not sure why some of the sales were reported on the 1099-B and some weren't. When I check the box for "investment sales not reported on a 1099-B", TT doesn't let me report the cost basis. (I type in X in it always turns it into zero.)  I finally decided to enter all investment sales as "reported on a 1099-B". This seems to work. I don't really know what the difference is to the IRS, as long as I'm reporting all the sales info correctly. Seems like a TT glitch? 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Accurate reporting of the tax liability is the key. Great job!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies