Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

Update: this now worked for me as well!  I had missed one important step in the instructions of Deborahwrites1.  I was in forms mode alright, but I had just searched the displayed forms list for 7206.  That list does NOT show the extra 7206 forms; you MUST do the "Open Form" step and then search on 7206.  I deleted the unneeded copies and now my federal return has been accepted as of 4-7.  Thanks for the help!

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I REALLY didn't want to have to print and mail my return this close to the deadline. I got my federal and state returns to go through on the first try after following your suggestion.

Thanks so much for sharing!

This solution worked perfectly for me.  I had an extra blank Form 7206 tied to my Schedule C and deleted it.  I left the one tied to my K-1 that had data in it.  I submitted it to the IRS today, and it has been accepted!

Again, I am so thankful for you finding the solution and sharing —it saved me from buying and transferring all data into H&R Block or printing and mailing the return.

@Deborahwrites1 – you deserve a medal (and TT should pay you a consulting fee!)  Following your directions exactly, sure enough there were additional Form 7206’s that did not show up unless you searched on them.   Deleted those without data, and sure enough Federal E-File accepted!  My situation required Form 7206 connected with  a Schedule C for Long Term Care insurance deduction only – so I would say your procedure works for any situation that generates extra Form 7206’s that don’t have data in them. I would hope @CatinaT1 , @AnnetteB6 , @DianeW777 , and other ‘TT Experts’ who just copy and paste a canned response that says there’s nothing you can do but mail your return in read this and point others your way to have a real solution!  THANK YOU!

So I followed all the instructions now provided in this post and have no doubt that it resolved my problem. However, I foolishly had followed the TurboTax Expert's advice and caved and filedd by mail already. I figured it was better not to wait until the last minute if it had to be done. So now I suppose I have to wait forever for my refund. Correct? It is not okay to efile once the return went in the mail?

I did the same thing.  I would NOT efile after you already sent in a physical return.  I can only assume that would upset the IRS?  Be sure to file for a refund with Turbotax, since they did not sell working software this year.  Mine says it was approved after a week, but I do not see any refund on my card as of yet.

Thank you so much! Mine was showing 4 form 7206, and like you said, two of them didn't pull anything up but just had the option to add new form, but then one was associated with the Sch. C and one with the K-1, so I deleted the K-1 one (took me a sec to figure out how to do that - you have to go up to the drop down menu at the top of the screen and click on Forms and then delete form) and then resubmitted and it was accepted! hallelujah!!

ebv1

Fingers crossed! We all owe you, @Deborahwrites1 !!!

I’ve posted this on a couple other forums regarding the same issue:

Workaround that worked for me —-reply to njginn:  thanks for your post about the  GHOST 7206 forms.  I have to file both a schedule C and schedule F. I had the exact same scenario and did not see any 7206 form anywhere on the left side of the screen except one under my Sch C.  However, when I searched for form 7206 with the open form icon, it showed 4 possible locations for the form 7206 including a schedule F (which I have to file) and two schedule K1’s. Don’t assume they are empty.  The one under my Sch F was not. Delete it. I then clicked on each of them and made sure they were all deleted except the one with my Sch C which I kept. I saved my return, reopened it, and re-filed (5th time also) and it was finally accepted both for federal and state.  This workaround worked for me and hopefully it will help someone else as well.

DYoung27

My problem is the IRS wants to generate and insert Form 7206 into a tax return for a reason.  Though a workaround can solve the e-filing problem (and it did, thanks all), still TT has failed to address and fix this issue, in turn subjecting its customers to file an incomplete return - a risk we did not sign up for, all while paying TT big money to avoid.  Luckily, Freedom within the free market allows us to shop anywhere for DYI Tax Software, which I expect most of us will be doing in the future.

jlvt
Level 1

Deborahwrites1 solution worked. ✔️ 😊 
Hubs and I also have a K1 and a C. The only 7206 I saw in the list was for the K1 and it was not used for the SE Health deduction anyway. But every time I deleted it, it popped back in when I saved it. I finally looked through the Schedule C form and saw a link to details for SE Health Insurance which opened up another 7206. I deleted that and saved and resubmitted (and crossed fingers and toes) and Fed was finally accepted. I'm still waiting for the state notification. Assuming it will work this time too.

Deborah, you are amazing! I spent countless hours on the phone (and on hold) with TurboTax trying to get resolution to this. My return was rejected about 10 times (more than the supposed 4-5 limit) as I attempted with futility their various suggestions. When I read your post, I looked and only saw a single From 7206 listed. However, when I searched for the form (Forms/Open Form/7206), there were 4 possible places for it (Schedule C, Schedule F, Schedule K-1 for Partnerships, and Schedule K-1 for Corporations). My relevant K-1 (partnership) showed Form 7206. I then went and selected each of the other options and found no form under Schedule C or K-1 Corp but, VOILA, there was an empty Form 7206 associated with Schedule F: Profit or Loss from Farming. Alas, I am not a farmer, so I have no idea why this orphan form was sitting there. I opened it and deleted it, leaving me with my one, legitimate Form 7206. Once I did this, I e-filed once again, and it was just accepted!!!

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share the only solution that seems to work and one about which NO ONE within Intuit seems to be aware. Thank you again!!!!!

ngourley

Anyone else still having this rejection problem today pertaining to Form 7206?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The development team has given us an update with regard to customers who are receiving the Reject Code R0000-058-01 when trying to electronically file your return.  The resolution to this situation is taking longer than expected and it may not be resolved before the tax filing deadline. 

For reference, this information is from the IRS Instructions for Form 7206

Generally, you can use the worksheet in the Form 1040 instructions to figure your deduction. However, if any of the following apply, you must use Form 7206.

• You had more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax.
  • You file Form 2555.
  • You are using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction.

In order to proceed and get your return filed in a timely manner, please follow this advice:

1 - If you are required to include Form 7206 as a part of your tax return based on the information above, then you need to print and mail your return.  Electronic filing will not be an option if the reject code persists. 

2 - If you are not required to include Form 7206 as part of your tax return, then you can attempt to delete the Form 7206 and try electronically filing your return once again.  If the form cannot be deleted or you still get the reject code, then you need to print and mail your return. 

Use the steps in the following TurboTax help articles to delete Form 7206:

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

How do I delete a tax form in TurboTax Desktop (Windows or Mac)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@CatinaT1  WHY do you keep re-posting this??? A Turbo Tax user already solved the problem, and many users have been able to correct it and successfully efile, even if you are required to file a form 7206.

Why has the development team not figured this out and fixed it now?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies