Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

Read my post just above yours. It contains the solution!!!

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

Doesn't work for me.  The Forms drop down says I have a 7206 for Schedule C (this is legit) and for a K-1.  I delete the one for the K-1 and it comes right back.  It is not listed in the list of forms for my return in the sidebar.  It's a "ghost" 7206.

Had the EXACT same problem. This helped me fix and transmit the returns!

Thank you!!!

Exact same problem here. Thank you!

It's sad that no one at TT was able to (1) figure this out and (2) fix the software to prevent errors for users.

Just tried out your suggestion, deleted an extra 7206, and refiled... it worked!  I wasted hours with TurboTax support and they couldn't figure it out.  Thanks!

Very frustrating an unexpected issue as the filing deadline approaches.  Worse, even though TT says they will walk me through the problem and fix it, the only advice I get in the end is to print my returns and mail them in.  This seems like a major flaw in Turbotax, and makes me wonder why I am using it if I can't e-file.

@ChappaThe solution to the problem is already answered in this thread. Review prior posts by others.

Yes agree, truly perplexing that even though TT recognized this issue since at least February 2024, they have failed to resolve it, all the way to tax deadline. Instead, they have told us to file by mail. My efiled federal & state returns were rejected for the R0000-058-01 error twice today, before I came here to research further. I file both a Schedule F and Schedule C, and have a Self-Employed Health Insurance Premium deduction. Of course, like virtually any individual under a typical tax situation, I'd need only ONE Form 7206. But TT was generating TWO, the 7206 I needed (Sched C), PLUS another blank/ghost copy of 7206 (Sched F). And that second extraneous 7206 was the cause of the efile rejection by IRS. I tried the fairly simple user-provided solution from community member Deborahwrites1 (above), and after deleting the extraneous Form 7206, my efiled Federal return was accepted today.

If anyone is still trying to e-file before giving up and  mailing their forms in, you must follow Deborahwrites1 advice to the letter... if you are just looking at your own forms list, that won't work.  You will not see the ghost forms that may be present.  You must search for Form 7206... if you are not searching specifically for  Form 7206, then you won't find the 'ghost' forms that may be in your file if your like many of us.   Once you delete the ghost forms which won't affect your taxes, then it will be accepted by the IRS.   This should be an 'easy' fix for any competent programmer....remove ghost forms that are not needed..... so it's obvious that the TT programmers are just done with doing any more updates on this in time for April 15th.      Good luck!   Here's the link to Deborahwrites1's information, and I copied it also in case the link is broken (but just search and you'll find it on many threads)     (https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-is-anyone-else-getting-the-code-r0000-058-01-r...

1. Switch from EasyStep to Forms.

2. Click Open Form.

3. Search for Form 7206.

4. I had 5 listed in the results. I clicked on each one. 3 were nothing and ask you to select an existing Form 7206. 1 was associated with my K-1, and 1 was associated with my Schedule C. I deleted the 1 associated with Schedule C and kept the one associated with the K-1. (Two things to note: My 7206 has no relevance, so deleting it wouldn't affect bottom line. 2. After trying to delete it multiple times. It would immediately repopulate.) *If you have a K-1 that is necessary, make sure you don't have another that you should delete.

It is now April 13th and after hours on phone with support who knows nothing of this ongoing issue I get hung up upon twice.  Reps do not know how to help and just repeat the line to mail it. There seems to be just quiet from TT on this issue (no update).  Are they going to pay us all for paper filing due to TT fault?  No.  We are out of luck.  So paper filing and pray it gets there and no one steals information. Geesh.

Did you try the solution, discovered by a user, and not by TurboTax, listed above? It worked for me and for many.

Yes. Only one form, not multiple forms. It appears there are hundred or thousands of people suffering with TT tell us to mail a paper copy when the IRS doesn't require it to be sent by mail.

I got the same error (Apr 13, 10pm).   I think the issue is that Turbotax creates unnecessary copies of form 7206, and these copies do not show up on the sidebar when you look at the forms.  At least they didn't for me.  But   when I searched for forms (command-F) for 7206, I got four rows.  The first row had a copy for my Sched C business; the second and third were empty; the fourth was for my wife's S-corp business.   My wife paid for the health insurance with earnings from her S-corp, so that last entry is the only relevant one. I could not delete that last copy, but I *could* delete the (irrelevant and hidden) copy for my Sched C business, and I was able to get the forms accepted by the IRS that way. 

Turbotax tech:  fix your code so it doesn't generate unnecessary 7206 forms. 

That was my experience too, except the Schedule C was legitimate, and the Schedule K (S-Corp) had the ghost 7206 form.  The ghost form had pulled the income number from the Schedule C form, but otherwise had a couple zeroes and no effect of the tax return.  I tired to delete the ghost form by using the Forms drop down, opening the form and select Remove Form, but it comes back right away.  Did you do something different that permanently deleted the ghost form, thus allowing you to efile without errors?  Thanks for any insight you may have.

How did you get it to stop repopulating?  That's the issue I've been having.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies