Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Gskindt1

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

It worked for me as well. Thanks for figuring this out. Maybe you should send Intuit a bill since they can’t seem to solve the problem. 

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

Thank you, Deborahwrites1:  I followed your advice and my federal return was accepted on the 5th try!  (I didn't follow your advice on the first 4!)  I think your important insight is that the irs will reject it if it has more than one 7206.  Mine had 3, so I eliminated 2 (which, by the way, had no effect on the amount of my refund).  I find it curious and disappointing that TT's "experts" were not able to figure this out. Maybe they need to consult with you!

@Gskindt1 @eliot4224  - Glad you had success! I'm reposting this because I have one sentence that might be confusing. Here's the corrected post:

POSSIBLE SOLUTION! 😀

My Federal Tax return was rejected earlier this evening with the same error code. "R0000-058-01 - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file." After researching questions and answers, I have since "fixed" the error, resubmitted, and just received notice that my Federal Tax return was accepted.

Here's what I did:

1. Switch from EasyStep to Forms.

2. Click Open Form.

3. Search for Form 7206.

4. I had 5 listed in the results. I clicked on each one. 3 were nothing and ask you to select an existing Form 7206. 1 was associated with my K-1, and 1 was associated with my Schedule C. I deleted the 1 associated with Schedule C and kept the one associated with the K-1. (Two things to note: My 7206 has no relevance, so deleting it wouldn't affect bottom line. 2. After trying to delete it multiple times. It would immediately repopulate.) *If you have a Form 7206 that is necessary, keep it, and delete all the unnecessary extras.

5. After searching a second time for Form 7206, I verified that there was only the 1 Form 7206 associated with my K-1 in my return. My guess is that it will be rejected if you have 2 Form 7206's.

6. I saved. Resubmitted Federal. Received acceptance. Then submitted State Return after confirming acceptance.

NOTE:  I didn't see 2 - Form 7206's listed in the left side panel of the forms list, so it was never obvious I had more than one until i did the search.

Give me a thumbs up if this works for anyone!

It is awesome to hear someone finally figured it out.  Intuit needs to hire you for like 1 mil a year, since they obviously could not figure it out will all their money.  I just wish I knew this before I finally mailed mine in as I was done playing the game of chicken with Intuit and the due date. =(

I'm glad that it worked for you. You must be lucky. I double-checked my return for multiple copies of Form 7206, but only had the one. Despite that, I deleted it, Turbo Tax instantly inserted a new copy, and I completed the form and resubmitted, only to have the filing once again rejected,. 

I got the message when I first filed yesterday.  After reviewing this message string (thanks to all of you), I eliminated Form 7206 (it didn't affect taxes) and re-submitted this morning.  It took a little longer than last time, but I got the same error message from IRS:  R0000-058-01 - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.  

Any suggestions?

Amending my earlier post, when I used the Forms search function cited above for 7206 (I had simply deleted the insurance amounts in Easy Steps for a K-1), I realized I had two.  One with Sch F and one with a K-1.  I deleted the one with the K-1 and re-submitted.  I'm waiting to see if this third submission is accepted at IRS.

And this third submission worked.  Thanks everyone for your help.

Thanks for the info. How were you able to remove form 7206? I have tried to delete it in forms mode. It gives me the option to delete, confirms if i want to delete, then deletes it for a split second, then the form reappears again. Like dark arts magic.

@Deborahwrites1THANK YOU SO MUCH. You figured it out. I had the same problem. TT created a Form 7206 for my schedule C biz AND my schedule K-1 biz. I only needed it for K-1.

EVERYONE - try what @Deborahwrites1 suggested. When you click on open forms and search for the 7206, it will give you a list of the main forms (diff biz types) the 7206 can fall under. If you click on the form and it says add a new one but does not give you an option to select an existing one, close it out and move on to the next one. If the form has been used in your return, it will show an open to go to that return. Then you can delete it if it is not needed.

TGIF.

Yes, that’s what I did. 

I have a return with two schedule C's and two K-1's.  There is exactly one form 7206 which is associated with one of the K-1's.  There are no other 7206 forms anywhere in the return.  Rejected.  Problem persists as of April 6...

@diversion

when you go to forms and look at the list of forms on the left, it will show just one 7206 under your K1 and if you try to delete it, it just comes back.

You have to go to search for forms, type in 7206. Then you will get a list of possible main forms the 7206 can be associated with. Then click on each one, one at a time. If it says just add form, close it out and go to the next one. if the Schedule C one says select existing form, then you click that and delete it. Worked for me. Hope this helps.

@diversion

so i had 3... 7206 forms showing in forms 

One 7206 associated with (SE) Self-employed health insurance credit

Two 7206's were associated with two K-1's 

I deleted the two 7206's associated with the k-1's since they had a same value on line 5 related to the (SE) 7206 but zero's in other lines and made NO tax consequence plus or minus difference to my return...

I then had only one 7206 form remaining related to my (SE) Self-employed health insurance credit

e-filed return and it was accepted by both federal and state

Hope this helps

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

The development team has given us an update with regard to customers who are receiving the Reject Code R0000-058-01 when trying to electronically file your return. 

The resolution to this situation is taking longer than expected and it may not be resolved before the tax filing deadline. For reference, this information is from the IRS Instructions for Form 7206:Generally, you can use the worksheet in the Form 1040 instructions to figure your deduction. However, if any of the following apply, you must use Form 7206.

• You had more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax.
  • You file Form 2555.
  • You are using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction.

In order to proceed and get your return filed in a timely manner, please follow this advice:

1 - If you are required to include Form 7206 as a part of your tax return based on the information above, then you need to print and mail your return. Electronic filing will not be an option if the reject code persists.

2 - If you are not required to include Form 7206 as part of your tax return, then you can attempt to delete the Form 7206 and try electronically filing your return once again. If the form cannot be deleted or you still get the reject code, then you need to print and mail your return. 

Use the steps in the following TurboTax help articles to delete Form 7206:

@diversion 

@JonZ1 

@dbarish 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies