Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Irs2go says info does not match, info put in is indeed correct. Any Insight?

I put the amount you gave me for my tax refund on irs2go and it said it dont match

@Gypsysmile1 wrote:

I put the amount you gave me for my tax refund on irs2go and it said it dont match

First, double-check that your efiled returns were indeed accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, log in and go to the Tax Home and check the efile status.

Here are some tips when using the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool or the IRS2GO app:

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

Sdjgolden

My tax return has been “accepted” from the IRS on both the website and the app since March 1. I tried checking again last night under both my info and my husbands and it tells me that I am entering the wrong information. I double checked all info, and it was all correct. I’ve never had this happen before, and our returns aren’t any different than last year or the year before. 

@Sdjgolden 

Don't panic ... as your return moves thru the processing pipeline your return may not be "found" from time to time ... this is normal.  Check again tomorrow.  (also if you check too often you can be locked out for 24 hours and get the same message)

Louellab1

• Yes they say my info doesn't match. I just verified my id
Louellab1

I mean really .What do we do🤷🏽‍♀

Louellab1

What if I'm applying for all three of my stimulus checks🤷🏽‍♀

ErvinM

I wonder is that what is going on with mine? It worked at first and I check for the first time in like a week last night and it’s saying information does not match 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update and show the status. The 21 days is just an estimated time frame. The IRS began processing returns on 2/12, you may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated.

Since Turbo Tax will not have the status of your refund, continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. 

What does pending mean? 
Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. 
Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mlfye1971

My refund status 

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control.  TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2021 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies