Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dpgoldi

Infinite Loop on Virginia Return

I'm having the same problem as others have reported - when I try to 'Start' my state (Virginia) it tries to download additional states and then I end up back where I started.  Responses from Intuit on the community page are lackluster (the community is clear and supportive, as most communities are)...how about an apology for a defect Intuit, with a promised defect correction date?

I've used H&R Block Taxcut since 2003, and every year contemplated giving Turbo Tax a try because there are quirks with H&R Block that I haven't loved, even though it's somewhere between 30-50% of the price of Turbo Tax and has always been adequate.

This year, I finally thought "what the heck", paid the extra money, and thought I'd give "the" premium tax software a try.

What a disappointment.  From the Federal interview, it doesn't seem any better than H&R Block to me, but it was still 2-3x more expensive, and now I can't do a trial of my Virginia return until 2024 (this notion that using out-of-date forms is dangerous is loopy...the federal return was filled with warnings that the forms aren't final and there's no reason the state return couldn't be as well).

Looks like I'll use it this year and then return to H&R Block next year, and forever thereafter.  Sorry I tried it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

You can still use another product provided you have not yet paid for an online version of TurboTax (if that's what you are using currently).

Further, Intuit has a 60-day satisfaction guarantee if you bought a desktop product directly from Intuit or through an authorized reseller.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-billing/turbotax-satisfac...

dpgoldi

I purchased it on Amazon, and it's not the free version - it's the Premium version.

Still no apology here, but the 60-day satisfaction guarantee was helpful.  I've submitted a refund request and we'll see if I get it.

The state programs are not ready yet even though Turbo Tax says they are.  They won't be available until Mid January.  You could have waited and tried downloading it later.  

By  the way, are you sure  you bought Premium?  Premium is only in the Online web version.  For the Desktop program it is Premier.  Slightly different name.  (I see HR Block has a Premium version).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies