In addition to paying for federal and state, what ...

In addition to paying for federal and state, what is this $40 fee that says"Option to pay with your refund"? Do I have to pay $40 just to file electronically ?!

You can review your fees by following the instructions below.

1. After signing in to TurboTax, open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools on the left side of the screen and then Tools.
  3. Tools Center box will pop up on your screen.
  4. Select the My Fees box on the right.

If your TurboTax fees are higher than expected, you can reduce them by removing add-ons:

As a last resort, you can clear and start over to remove all fees and start from scratch as long as you haven't paid, registered, or deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund.

Thank you. It was The “refund processing fee” which I was able to change by paying with my debit card.

@g2007 wrote:

Thank you. I tried that however I don’t see the fee listed here that I have the question on.  The fee is “refund processing fee” for $40. Is this legit or something I can remove? 

The pay with refund is the same as the refund processing fee - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-pay-with-my-refund-fees-in-turbot...

The 39.99 Refund Processing Service charge (44.99 in California) or Pay with Refund is an optional service.  You don't have to use it to file or to get Direct Deposit.

You can pay the fees upfront with a credit card to avoid the extra charge.  How to remove the Pay with Refund charge

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-pay-with-my-refund-fees-in-turbot...