You can review your fees by following the instructions below.
- After signing in to TurboTax, open or continue your return.
- Select Tax Tools on the left side of the screen and then Tools.
- A Tools Center box will pop up on your screen.
- Select the My Fees box on the right.
If your TurboTax fees are higher than expected, you can reduce them by removing add-ons:
- Remove PLUS Help & Support
- Remove Pay With Your Refund
- Remove Premium Services
- Remove MAX Defend & Restore
- Remove a state
As a last resort, you can clear and start over to remove all fees and start from scratch as long as you haven't paid, registered, or deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Thank you. I tried that however I don’t see the fee listed here that I have the question on. The fee is “refund processing fee” for $40. Is this legit or something I can remove?
The pay with refund is the same as the refund processing fee - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-pay-with-my-refund-fees-in-turbot...
The 39.99 Refund Processing Service charge (44.99 in California) or Pay with Refund is an optional service. You don't have to use it to file or to get Direct Deposit.
You can pay the fees upfront with a credit card to avoid the extra charge. How to remove the Pay with Refund charge