Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Import W-2

In past years I've imported my W-2 using TurboTax for Mac many times, but that option seems to have been deleted in TurboTax Deluxe 2021 for Mac. The instructions at the Intuit website (select Wages and Income, select work on W2, then click "continue") sends me back to the main screen. No option to import W2.

Can anyone help me through this?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Import W-2

Have you tried importing your W-2 through the Add another W-2 button and then delete the transferred W-2 information from last year?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

10 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Import W-2

Are you using the Online version?  You may want to log out, clear your cache and cookies and try again.  For instructions on this, please see the links below. 

Also, please see the Help Article here for assistance with importing your W2.  If these steps do not work, please reach back out here in the thread.  

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

Import W-2

Thanks for your reply. I'm using the downloaded version on my laptop, and the instructions at the Intuit website (which you linked to) don't work at all. They really don't even make sense when you apply them to my software. Nothing which is supposed to happen in the instructions happens in the real application.

Thanks

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Import W-2

You may need to update the software.

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

Import W-2

Thanks for your reply. I updated the software. It's now version 2021.r15.074 - but nothing has changed with the interface with the software. It's acting the way it was before which does not seem to have any relation to the instructions at the Intuit website.

Here's one clue that might help. I go to the section where I can update my W2 and see the correct info there (it's the same company as last year, so the basics - name and ID numbers for the company - have been imported from my 2020 taxes). But TurboTax says in red letters that my W2 "needs review."  So, I click on the "review" button - and confirm that all the names and numbers are correct. When I click "continue" it takes me to all the empty W2 income boxes that need to be manually filled in. However, I'd prefer to import all those numbers - like previous years - but there's no option to do that.

Thanks.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Import W-2

Have you tried importing your W-2 through the Add another W-2 button and then delete the transferred W-2 information from last year?

Import W-2

Thanks, that worked!

MikeKali
Returning Member

Import W-2

Adding a new W-2 did not work for me. I'm using the downloaded version on my PC. Any other suggestions? This is very frustrating that it's not giving me the option to import my W-2. 

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Import W-2

See this FAQ on How to import your W-2, which includes our CD/Download instructions.  If you have your employer's EIN number and they support importing, you can import your W-2 directly into your tax return when you file your taxes with Turbo Tax.

@MikeKali

crlinton

Import W-2

None of this is working on my Mac.  I've tried to add another W2.  It just comes back and displays a form for me to fill in.   This is incredibly frustrating.  

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Import W-2

Not every W-2 is available to be imported.  You may just need to enter the information by hand.

@crlinton

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies