turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sfurey66

I want to no if my 1400 stimulus was sent turbo tax again? Anyone else having this problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I want to no if my 1400 stimulus was sent turbo tax again? Anyone else having this problem?

TT never receives stimulus payments.  The IRS is sending out Stimulus #3 payments in batches, and will take a few weeks to complete them all.  This one comes to you separately (and automatically), not as part of your 2020 tax refund.  You can check the status here:

Get My Payment | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

No. The IRS sends stimulus checks directly to the taxpayer. If you have not received your third stimulus payment yet, that does not mean you won't. If you are eligible, it is important to note that the IRS will continue to issue the 2021 Economic Impact Payments throughout 2021.

Those eligible will automatically receive an Economic Impact Payment of up to $1,400 for individuals or $2,800 for married couples, plus $1,400 for each dependent. Unlike EIP1 and EIP2, families will get a payment for all their dependents claimed on a tax return, not just their qualifying children under 17. Normally, a taxpayer will qualify for the full amount if they have an adjusted gross income of up to $75,000 for singles and married persons filing a separate return, up to $112,500 for heads of household and up to $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns and surviving spouses. Payment amounts are reduced for filers with incomes above those levels.

Generally, if you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien, you are eligible for the full amount of the third Economic Impact Payment if you (and your spouse if filing a joint return) are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a valid Social Security number (see exception when married filing jointly) and your adjusted gross income (AGI) on their tax return does not exceed:

• $150,000 if married and filing a joint return or if filing as a qualifying widow or widower
  • $112,500 if filing as head of household or
  • $75,000 for eligible individuals using any other filing statuses, such as single filers and married people filing separate returns.

Payments will be phased out – or reduced -- above those AGI amounts. This means taxpayers will not receive a third payment if their AGI exceeds:

• $160,000 if married and filing a joint return or if filing as a qualifying widow or widower
  • $120,000 if filing as head of household or
  • $80,000 for eligible individuals using other filing statuses, such as single filers and married people filing separate returns.

Most eligible people will get the third Economic Impact Payment automatically and won't need to take additional action. The IRS will use available information to determine eligibility and issue the third payment to eligible people who:

• Filed a 2020 tax return.
  • Filed a 2019 tax return if the 2020 return has not been submitted or processed yet.
  • Did not file a 2020 or 2019 tax return but registered for the first Economic Impact Payment using the special Non-Filers portal last year.

You can check the status of your third payment by using the Get My Payment tool.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sfurey66

This absolutely did not answer my ? I no it 3rd stimulus will not come with 2020 taxes filed. My ? Is did it go to TurboTax account like the second 600.00 stimulus did??? Where turbo tax then forward the 600 to my account simple ? 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

No, the 3rd. stimulus check would go directly to you.

No. Your 3rd EIP will be sent at a later date, as a separate payment. IRS will not send your payment until they fully process your tax return. Once they issue your 2020 refund, they will then send a payment several weeks later (or longer). You will need to go to irs.gov and click on get my payment, to see when and where they are sending your payment. You can see for yourself which direct deposit information they have on file for you, by going to irs.gov and clicking on get my tax record. The payment will go to that account, or may be mailed. 

sfurey66

That's what was said about the 2 nd one and it went to TurboTax I will just make sure never to do my taxes with TurboTax again

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax is not a bank so it is impossible for them to receive refunds or stimulus payments.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies