turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bbookhard

I had started my 2018 return prior to the October 15th deadline but did not file on time. I want to finish it and still file now. Where is my information already entered

Can I still file my 2018 even though its late
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies

I had started my 2018 return prior to the October 15th deadline but did not file on time. I want to finish it and still file now. Where is my information already entered

Online tax preparation and e-filing for 2018 returns is now permanently closed.  You had until midnight on Tuesday, October 15 to finish and attempt to e-file; if your e-file was rejected you had until October 20 to make corrections and re-file. Now it is too late to use online software or to e-file. If you have any changes/corrections at all to make to your 2018 return, you now have to complete it using desktop software, which you must download to a full PC or Mac  (not to a mobile device).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb...

If you already paid for your online software you can ask customer support for a download of the desktop software.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

If you are getting a refund, there is no penalty for filing late.  If you owe tax due, then file and pay the amount due as shown on the Form 1040, but expect a bill later from the IRS for the penalty and interest you will owe.  Only the IRS will calculate this—TurboTax will not calculate it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Kaliyha10
Returning Member

I would like to speak to someone by phone so they can help me download my taxes to put into the mail even though I missed the deadline on the 15th

Phone support is not provided with the Free Edition.  If you are using a paid version of the software or if you purchased PLUS you can get phone support when customer support is there.  Otherwise, post your question here and someone will try to help.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific timeMonday - Friday

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rkhatal

When I was filling up online, it showed I will get a refund.  I was all done except for one question.  However, due to holidays I missed the October 15th deadline.  I can't remember if I had already paid then.  I have downloaded the 2018 version and paid for it.  However, now it is showing that I owe money.  It is not asking the same questions also.  I am also not getting the pop up screen for 1098-T.

Who can I contact?

Tom88

I had completed my return with help from turbotax cpa  I did not pay because I was told there would be no penalty for late filing for 2018.  I tried to get back to complete paying for federal and state returns and could not  access.  Support cpa told me that too late to efile.  Could not help me open downloaded .tax file.  m frustrated since I had spent all that time completing return and now can not efile nor can I complete process to pay and print return to file

@Tom88 wrote:

I had completed my return with help from turbotax cpa  I did not pay because I was told there would be no penalty for late filing for 2018.  I tried to get back to complete paying for federal and state returns and could not  access.  Support cpa told me that too late to efile.  Could not help me open downloaded .tax file.  m frustrated since I had spent all that time completing return and now can not efile nor can I complete process to pay and print return to file

See this TurboTax support FAQ for completing a 2018 tax return originally started with the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...

deluna100

I downloaded the software I paid for, but my operating system is too old to run the software. What do I do now ??

@deluna100 wrote:

I downloaded the software I paid for, but my operating system is too old to run the software. What do I do now ??

Which OS are you using Windows or Mac?  

See this TurboTax support FAQ for Windows system requirements - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

See this TurboTax support FAQ for Mac system requirements - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

I am trying to open a file that is finished and the program sends me a message "Some formsets are not presentin this machine 'Error 190"
Can someone help me solve this problem.
Thank you.

@MPViera wrote:

I am trying to open a file that is finished and the program sends me a message "Some formsets are not presentin this machine 'Error 190"
Can someone help me solve this problem.
Thank you.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for error 190 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-190-when-opening-file-in-turbot...

Try this number: [phone number removed] 

That's the number I used last time.

JennM18

I think I may have purchased the wrong version of TurboTax 2018... I am trying to finish filing my taxes now.  Can I change the version that I purchased?  

What version did you buy and Windows or Mac?  What do you need?  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.  Or do you the other one for Windows or Mac?

meow123

I downloaded the app for 2018 but when I try to import forms from my financial institutions it doesn't let me. It says that I need to wait until 2020?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies