Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Getting Error 2 when attempting to file from TT (not online)? "we're experiencing Internet transmission problems. Your transmission did not go through..."

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Getting Error 2 when attempting to file from TT (not online)? "we're experiencing Internet transmission problems. Your transmission did not go through..."

I solved it by changing the Win10 security settings, which apparently was blocking the ability to send.  
>> Under ‘Windows Settings’:  Search for ‘Change Security Settings’ ...
At the bottom, click on “Reset all zones to default level.”
Now back to TurboTax, and send.

>> OR:  using Cortina search, then to ‘Settings’ at the top:
Search for ‘Internet Options’ which takes you to Internet Properties popup.
Go to Security tab.
At the bottom, click on “reset all zones to default level.”

Did that work for you?  

View solution in original post

b thomas

I wrestled with the same Error 2 transmission problem for hours, running Win10.  Turned off my Windows Firewall, deleted all cookies, browsing history, enabled all pop-ups, etc.  Nothing worked.  Even called TurboTax support, and they spent 45 frustrating mins with me trying to fix.  They had no clue what to do.  Then I saw this fix, and .... it worked!  To be certain, be sure to click “Reset all zones to default level.”, AND also set the internet setting on the same screen from "Medium-High" to "Medium".   I'm so grateful I didn't have to print 150+ pages of Federal and State return and mail it.  Thank you larryntt!!

View solution in original post

27 Replies
kk732

I have the same problem for 2 days. My internet connection is fine. This is with the desktop version of TurboTax.

I solved it by changing the Win10 security settings, which apparently was blocking the ability to send.  
>> Under ‘Windows Settings’:  Search for ‘Change Security Settings’ ...
At the bottom, click on “Reset all zones to default level.”

>> OR:  using Cortina search, then to ‘Settings’ at the top:
Search for ‘Internet Options’ which takes you to Internet Properties popup.
Go to Security tab.
At the bottom, click on “reset all zones to default level.”

Did that work for you?  
bb51
Returning Member

I am running Win 10 and I had to drive the internet setting from 'Medium-High" to Medium. Apply. resent return  in a matter of seconds. Don't forget to return setting to default level.

I solved this by updating firewall rules to allow outgoing traffic from the executable. In Windows Defender, Outbound Rules, New Rule:

Program

Add program path, usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Premier 2019\32bit\TurboTax.exe, you will have to check your own drive

Allow the connection

Private (Domain if you are connecting from a Windows domain, like a company network)

There is nothing to change back when you are finished. This is a permanent rule.

Jcw889102

I've been getting this error for 2 days I just test my internet and it's working just fine I'm trying to find my taxes from my phone does anyone know how to fix this

dianesway

I get the transmission error 2 I tried the fix it recommended (secrity settings to defaault) but no luck is the problem aty intuit - I'm on the phone waiting for them it says it will be an hour before they will answer

TurboTax error code 2 may also arise if the user tries to file or download or transfer it to the taxing authorities. At the time of using TurboTax software, this TurboTax error 2 arises. In case the error persists you can connect to the TurboTax support number. The team members of the TurboTax support number are highly skilled and available 24/7. Get feel free to contact TurboTax support contact number [phone number removed] Now!

b thomas

I wrestled with the same Error 2 transmission problem for hours, running Win10.  Turned off my Windows Firewall, deleted all cookies, browsing history, enabled all pop-ups, etc.  Nothing worked.  Even called TurboTax support, and they spent 45 frustrating mins with me trying to fix.  They had no clue what to do.  Then I saw this fix, and .... it worked!  To be certain, be sure to click “Reset all zones to default level.”, AND also set the internet setting on the same screen from "Medium-High" to "Medium".   I'm so grateful I didn't have to print 150+ pages of Federal and State return and mail it.  Thank you larryntt!!

ohonny

I've been having this same exact problem, and have tried all of the solutions listed, with no luck. I noticed these were from one and two years ago. I was wondering if anyone has found another solution more recently? Any help is much appreciated!

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Yes this is an older thread so I would suggest contacting support via phone if none of the solutions that previously worked for others is working for you. Contact number can be found here. Additionally, you may also review this FAQ @ohonny.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
stevestrv

Thank you very much.  In my Win 10, I wanted to "internet Properties" and clicked on "reset all zones to defaul level" and that fixed the problem

I tried this and it did not work for me.   I am using TT Business and am getting the Error: 2  We're experiencing Internet transmission problems.  Please try again later.   I've been trying the last 2 days and keep getting this error.

Weird thing is, a week ago I transmitted a return and it worked fine.

Any suggestions?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Just to confirm, did you try both solutions posted on this thread here and here?  If you tried both steps with no success, please call us, as our phone support team can view your computer screen and offer additional troubleshooting.  To speak with a TurboTax Expert, refer to the instructions in the following Help Article:  How do I contact TurboTax?

@RSReeb 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Pagu
Level 1

I had the same error and nothing in this thread worked for me. The issue for me ended up being my signed 8453-PE form.

I had originally scanned it at 1,200 dpi, saved as PDF, and attached it in TT. There were no errors or warnings advising there was an issue with the attachment, it said it was successful. When I was ready for the final step to transmit, I got hit with the Error: 2 We're experiencing Internet transmission problems..

After trying absolutely everything, I decided to delete/remove my signed 8453-PE PDF form from TT. I re-scanned it at 600 dpi, saved it as a new PDF, re-attached it in TT, & BAM SUCCESS! I think my original scan/file was just too big for TT. You'd think TT would have a warning or disclosure for something like this. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies