Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bvm6889

I need to refile

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need to refile

You cannot re-e-file your return right now.  Your return will show pending until the IRS opens up their e-file system (Feb 12th).  Your return will stay on TurboTax servers until the IRS is accepting returns.  You cannot get it back, & do not make any changes to your return.  The changes would not go through. 

To make any changes to your return,  you will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected.  

If your return gets rejected, you can just make the changes you need to do, then you can e-file your return again.  

If your return gets accepted, then once your original return is fully processed, you would have to amend your return to make changes.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I need to refile

You cannot re-e-file your return right now.  Your return will show pending until the IRS opens up their e-file system (Feb 12th).  Your return will stay on TurboTax servers until the IRS is accepting returns.  You cannot get it back, & do not make any changes to your return.  The changes would not go through. 

To make any changes to your return,  you will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected.  

If your return gets rejected, you can just make the changes you need to do, then you can e-file your return again.  

If your return gets accepted, then once your original return is fully processed, you would have to amend your return to make changes.

Llope2012

I need to refile

I need help fixing my taxes 

PattiF
Expert Alumni

I need to refile

Here are some ways to get help with your taxes. 

TurboTax Live is an online product that lets you get help and guidance from a tax expert when preparing your taxes. When you use TurboTax Live, you can work with a tax expert whenever you need assistance. You can even talk to a tax expert live while you both look at your return.

All TurboTax Live products provide:

• Help from a tax expert when you have questions about your return.
  • A review of your return by an expert before filing, at your request. A tax expert can even sign your return.
    • Talk live: Using SmartLook (one-way video where you can see the tax expert on your screen; they can’t see you) or by phone. You can ask about a specific topic or section or get a review of your entire return.
    • Written response: Submit your questions and a tax expert will give a detailed answer by message within 24 hours.

100% Accurate Expert Approved Guarantee

We want you to feel 100% confident when you file so we offer the following guarantee: if you pay an IRS or state penalty (or interest) because of an error that a TurboTax tax expert, CPA, or attorney made while providing topic-specific tax advice, a section review, or acting as a signed preparer for your return, we'll pay you the penalty and interest.

Our TurboTax Live products include:

• TurboTax Live Basic
  • TurboTax Live Deluxe
  • TurboTax Live Premier
  • TurboTax Live Self-Employed

Want to get TurboTax Live?

NEW! Let an expert do your taxes for you

In TurboTax Live with Full Service, you have a dedicated tax expert or CPA to prepare, sign, and file your return for you. You can review everything with your expert before they file knowing that your taxes are done right, backed by our Expert Approved Guarantee.

Note: TurboTax Live is available for TurboTax Online customers only. TurboTax Live isn't available in the TurboTax CD/Download software.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need to refile

I have forgotten to put my stock trades in my taxes I just now got my robinhood 1099 how do I include this so I’m not deducted later!! 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

I need to refile

If you have e-filed your 2020 Federal tax return and the tax return is accepted by the IRS, you will have to amend your 2020 Federal tax return and add the entries that were not previously included.

Amended tax returns will not be available until March.  See forms availability and this TurboTax Help.

If you have e-filed your 2020 Federal tax return and the tax return is rejected by the IRS, you will be able to add the entries that were not previously included as well as correct the entries that generated the rejection.

dj88dlw

I need to refile

but how do i amend my state only

I need to refile

@dj88dlw  You still need to wait until the amended form is available in TurboTax.  See the following on how to amend a State return.

I need to amend my state return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/i-need-to-amend-my-state-return/00/26510

I need to refile

My taxes was rejected so what do I do now?

I need to refile

I think I may need to file a paper return by mail

I need to refile

@Janaetripp

You received an email that we cannot see that tells you why your tax return was rejected.  

Some rejected returns can be fixed and re-filed.  Some have “un-fixable” reasons for the rejection and have to be mailed instead. What is the rejection code or rejection message? 

If it was rejected for AGI—-be aware that many 2019 returns took so long for the IRS to process that your 2019 AGI might not be in the IRS system.   Try using zero instead.

If filing with zero is rejected then file again but select the option that you did not file last year.  The IRS does not see that question and it will allow you to e-file with no AGI question.

Or—-if you filed as a “non-filer” just to get the stimulus check on a 2019 return, try using $1 as the AGI.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
SBLAND

I need to refile

I FIXED THE ERROR AND PUT IN 1095 A FORM BUT IT WON'T LET ME REFILE 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

I need to refile

If you have already filed your return, you will need to wait until the return is accepted. Once it is, you will need to amend your 2021 return and include the 1095-A. The Turbo Tax Amendment form will not be available until 2/24 so you won't be able to file your amendment until that date.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies