coachbbsbt-f

I need to file my state tax without my federal tax. Can I do this?

I filed my Federal Tax and now want to do my state but it wants to refile my Federal as well. What do I do?

CrystalS2

Regrettably, your unable to just file your state return. The TurboTax State program is designed to pull (transfer) information from your federal return. For this reason, TurboTax State is not sold as a standalone tax-preparation product.

You can use TurboTax to prepare and file your federal return without your state – but not the other way around.

If you already filed your federal return outside of TurboTax and just need to do your state, you can either:

1. Contact your State Department of Revenue or visit their website to use their tax-filing service or to download and print out their tax forms; or
  2. Re-create your federal return in the TurboTax software or TurboTax Online but don't file it. Then prepare and file your state return using TurboTax.
    • You'll need to paper-file your state return, as state returns cannot be e-filed separately.
Need more assistance? Feel Free to comment below
Hope this information is Helpful

CrystalS2

Hope this information is Helpful