Solved: I need to clear my return but it says "Once you register your tax return, or pay fees, we can no longer clear & start" I have not paid anything what do I do?

I need to clear my return but it says "Once you register your tax return, or pay fees, we can no longer clear & start" I have not paid anything what do I do?

Since you are using the Federal Free version, you likely made it to a certain step where it registered your account.

Your only other option (if you cannot work with what you have) would be to create a new TurboTax account to start fresh.

If you go to My Account then Save and Sign Out, you can choose to Create an account from the sign in screen.

You can have multiple usernames for the same e-mail address, but if you use your e-mail address as your username, you will need to create a username.

"Registered" means when you fill out your name, credit card and demographics (where you live) is entered or updated.  That is what it means to be "registered".

this is not helpful i want a way to erase the return all together i don't have to file till next year

Try this. Thank you Larry G. for adding the Registered info. Anne's answer kinda made no sense, We obviously had registered an account if we were in and needed to reset one.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586254-how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-online?jump_to=a...>

I need to clear my return but it says "Once you register your tax return, or pay fees, we can no longer clear &amp; start" I have not paid anything what do I do?

I discovered a work around that may help. If you go into the Tools section, Delete a Form, you can delete forms individually which will clear your information. Basically the same thing. Some forms can't be deleted, but I think this will get you what you need. It worked for me!

Can I still do it if federal was accepted?

@tritz1979 wrote:

To change a tax return that was filed and accepted you would need to amend the tax return.

An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

To access your online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show. Click on the Year and Click on Amend (change) return

See this TurvrboTax support FAQ for amending a 2019 tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-amend-a-2019-return-in-turbotax/01/123845...