Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bkhayyam

I need to clear and start over

its telling me i do not have that option
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To can use the clear and start over option, as long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered.

If you cannot clear and start over, you would have to go to the sections you need to add or change, & enter the information manually.

View solution in original post

22 Replies

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2020 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

To can use the clear and start over option, as long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered.

If you cannot clear and start over, you would have to go to the sections you need to add or change, & enter the information manually.

Start over

I am totally lost - made on e mistake to input ,my 1099R and I can't get back past the Social Security - just want to star overt - why is that so difficult to do???

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@Verogreen53 In TurboTax Online, you can erase your return and start from scratch as long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered.

Please follow the directions below to clear and start over your return:

1. Sign in and select a topic to continue your return.
  2. On the next screen, from the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then Clear & Start Over (select the menu icon in the upper-left corner if you don't see this menu).
  3. Answer Yes in the pop-up to confirm.

Please click How do I clear and start over in TurboTax Online? to view a video that you can also follow.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rosej74
Returning Member

You took payment on Jan 27 but you didn't do my taxes could you just refund my 148.00.

rosej74
Returning Member

Refund my 148.00 I will go some where else .you should never have taken my money you charged me 50.00 to get back 72.00 from state !

rosej74
Returning Member

I don't want a live repressive to do my taxes .

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Help with requesting a refund has been provided by clicking here.

I need to clear 2020 sign in and start over.....Larry .....[number removed] ....I used turbo tax 2018 and 2019 and I have not been able to get old returns moved to 2020 account....old address: 6708 Peaceful Pines Rd, Black Hawk, SD, 57718.   I received text message that 'If you Clear and Start over, start with FREE.......but nothing allows me to do that ....just go to 2020 account....please help me get to Start Over point on user name [number removed].  Larry ....phone #[phone number removed]

start over account [number removed]      want to link 2018 and 2019 old address Black Hawk ,SD  with  new address Rapid City, SD  and file 2020 return...Start Over with Free Program that offers Expert review.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You can't merge accounts with TurboTax.   If you are using a different account with a different username and password for 2020, that account won't be tied to your 2018 and 2019 returns.  You would still need to access them through the previous username and password you used when you create the returns.   You can only clear and start over in TurboTax Online for the current tax return which is 2020.   

We protect your Intuit Account with the latest technology for privacy and security. Unfortunately, this doesn’t allow a safe and secure way to merge multiple accounts.   It’s best to use the same Intuit Account when you use TurboTax each year and to use the same user ID and password for all experiences on the Intuit Platform, including TurboTax, Mint, and QuickBooks Self-Employed. This helps our products work better for you and keeps all your info safe in one account.      @Larry Converse

I am totally baffled by your confusing messages. I am trying to use the cd software

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Would you please clarify what issue you are having so we can fully assist you?

@ThomasandEstela

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies