-liz2015

I need to add forms 8965 (Health Coverage Exemption) & 8833 Treaty based Return Position Disclosure to my Form 1040A. Is this possible, or do I have to change to a 1040?

DawnC0

Unfortunately, Form 8833 is not available in TurboTax personal products.  You will not be able to e-file your return.  

For the tax treaty:  First, you have to report your full income.  Second, you can enter the treaty-exempt amount as negative income under "less common income".  You will have to file form 8833 to claim an exception.  You can use TurboTax to prepare your return, but you need to print it and mail the return along with the form 8833.   To enter negative income into TurboTax, sign in and click ''Take Me To My Return'', and go to:

• Federal Taxes >>
  • Wages & Income >>
  • Less Common Income >>
  • Miscellaneous Income >>
  • Other Reportable Income

Enter treaty-exempt as description and the amount as a negative number.  IRS form link below.

IRS 8833 with Instructions  -  Include this completed form when mailing in your tax return.