turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

-liz2015

I need to add forms 8965 (Health Coverage Exemption) & 8833 Treaty based Return Position Disclosure to my Form 1040A. Is this possible, or do I have to change to a 1040?

I need to add forms 8965 (Health Coverage Exemption) & 8833 Treaty based Return Position Disclosure to my Form 1040A. Is this possible, or do I have to change to a 1040?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, Form 8833 is not available in TurboTax personal products.  You will not be able to e-file your return.  

For the tax treaty:  First, you have to report your full income.  Second, you can enter the treaty-exempt amount as negative income under "less common income".  You will have to file form 8833 to claim an exception.  You can use TurboTax to prepare your return, but you need to print it and mail the return along with the form 8833.   To enter negative income into TurboTax, sign in and click ''Take Me To My Return'', and go to:

• Federal Taxes >>
  • Wages & Income >>
  • Less Common Income >>
  • Miscellaneous Income >>
  • Other Reportable Income

Enter treaty-exempt as description and the amount as a negative number.  IRS form link below.

IRS 8833 with Instructions  -  Include this completed form when mailing in your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies