I need my gross income from 2018 and how much tax ...

I need my gross income from 2018 and how much tax I owed

The IRS requires your 2018 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

There are a few places you can get your 2018 AGI:

• If you filed your 2018 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2018, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on Line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2018 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2018 return. Both versions will include your AGI.
  • The amount you owe is at the bottom of your tax return on the line that says Amount You Owe; it is right above the signature line.  

If you didn't file a 2018 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

Married Filing Separately in 2018 but filing jointly in 2019?

Filed jointly in 2018 but are Married Filing Separately in 2019?

You won't find your AGI on your W-2 or 1099 form because those forms don't take into account over a dozen above-the-line deductions that go into calculating your AGI.  The amount you owe is shown on your tax return right above the signature line.  

NEED HELP IN CHANGING  MY AGI  AMOUNT

@RKARSTENS119 wrote:

NEED HELP IN CHANGING  MY AGI  AMOUNT

To revisit the 2018 AGI section in TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in and open your return, if you haven't already done so.
  2. From the left menu, select File (tap in the upper-left corner to expand the menu on mobile devices).
  3. Select Start next to Step 3 (if needed, revisit Steps 1 and/or 2 to activate Step 3).
  4. Select I want to e-file.
  5. Continue until you see the place to enter your 2018 AGI.