turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DCtwo
Returning Member

I need help entering the product code

I need help entering the keycode.  Is there anyone who can help me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the link below for assistance entering your license code:

For assistance with this, you can call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link: Contact Us
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
epaliungas
Returning Member

I purchased my TurboTax a few weeks ago and tried to use it on my computer. But my computer was 8 years old and TurboTax would not run on that computer (have same issue with some other software I have purchased). I have bought a new computer and have tried to use the license code on it and it comes back stating "This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads." I have not used that license code to actually use TurboTax. Can I get someone to assist me in setting up my TurboTax for 2020. I have been a loyal customer of TurboTax for over 20 years. If need be, you can contact me at [email address removed] (email) or [phone number removed] (text).

I purchased TurboTax 2020 on disc and installed it in January or February.  It says I can install it on up to 5 computers. 

I'm now trying to install it on a laptop which doesn't have a disc drive so that my daughter can help me with my taxes.  

It comes back saying "The license code had already been associated with an account".  I called and after a long 'hold', someone told me that I was using the wrong ID, that I have 4 different IDs with Intuit.  She told me which one to use.

So I tried that this afternoon and got the same error.   I looked at my profile on that ID and under products and billing it had TurboTax 019 but not 2020.

I don't want to spend a long time on hold again.  How do I find out what my 4 IDs are so that I can try each?   

Can I use Dropbox to make the folder in my Downloads accessible to the other laptop?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

#kbmoose1

An agent can assist you with this. This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent. Contact an agent

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies