turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TLB

I'm getting a "Check This Entry" prompt for "Schedule C Worksheet: Amount - Misc Exp Other-3 must be entered." What the heck is that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I'm getting a "Check This Entry" prompt for "Schedule C Worksheet: Amount - Misc Exp Other-3 must be entered." What the heck is that?

You may need to walk through the interview for this section in order to fix this.  Try this:

1. Log in to TurboTax and click Take me to my Return
  2. Type in Schedule C in the Search box and click on Jump to Schedule C
  3. This will bring up your Schedule C business. Click Edit next to the business you are getting the error for.
  4. Click continue until you reach expensesCheck your entries there. 
  5. Then hit continue until you reach the end of the section and continue to Run the Federal Review again. 

If this form was created in error and the above doesn't solve it, try deleting the Form. 

To do this go to (left-hand side of the screen in the black bar)

Tax Tools> Tools> under Other helpful links..choose>.Delete A form

Igorr

I've followed the instructions and deleted the Schedule C Worksheet form. All of the imported data and everything I've entered for 2020 is gone now!

This is not the correct answer for Schedule C Worksheet: Amount - Misc Exp Other must be entered!!!!!

How do I reimport everything from my QuickBooks self employed account into TurboTax?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@Igorr, you can only send your information over once. If the information is now gone, you would need to contact QuickBooks Self-Employed. Please see the FAQ link provided for additional information:

How do I send my QuickBooks Self-Employed tax information to TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was close to file my taxes and this question repeatedly pop up. 

"schedule C worksheet amount - Misc Exp Other must be entered
Amount - Misc Exp Other"

Whatever number I put it it still continues to pop up.

Now I tried cancel my Turbotax payment but there is no way to get any support, contact or anything. 

Terrible

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You may have a description for miscellaneous expense in your business expense area but no amount. You need to review your business expense entries and look for the screen that says Let's write off some business expenses and then choose Other miscellaneous expenses and then look for Any Miscellaneous expenses? and correct the entry you find there.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Castie62

Exact same issue here with me.  Cannot proceed.  Were you able to get the issue resolved without having to pay for the live help?  Thx

I repeatedly got this message too. I fixed it by going back and editing this category in income. We didn’t have anything to enter in misc expenses this past tax year. But for some reason there were a bunch of item descriptions listed with no dollar amount. I’m not sure if the item descriptions were brought in from previous years or why they were there. I deleted all of the item descriptions and even deleted the overall misc. line. Then I tried again- Selected ‘file’ on the left menu and it worked!!! Definitely a weird glitch here.

THIS, it's always the regular people that've gone through hours of headaches dealing with the Turbotax software rather than the "professionals" solving the issues. Anyways, yes, the platform creates a ton of miscellaneous expenses for you, and if you don't manually delete them, they are left blank (no filled-in zeros or anything) and that is what causes the glitch.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies