You can send your tax information from QuickBooks Self-Employed to TurboTax Self-Employed or TurboTax Live Self-Employed from a web browser or the QuickBooks Self-Employed Mobile app (available on both iOS and Android)
Your accounts must be connected for the import to work. This means you log into QuickBooks Self-Employed and either TurboTax Self-Employed or TurboTax Live Self-Employed with the same sign in credentials.
Before exporting, make sure your information in QuickBooks is final. You can only send your information over once. If the export fails, contact QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Start here. Don’t enter any information in TurboTax before you import.
- Select Tax Checklist.
- Select Review final tax summary.
- After reviewing the information, select Send to TurboTax in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select It's OK to send my info to send your information to TurboTax.
You’ll need to enter some information manually into TurboTax as they don’t import:
- Vehicle loan interest
- Other vehicle expenses
- Home office expenses
- Interest paid
- Self-employment health insurance premiums
You should also keep a few other things in mind:
- Make sure you are accessing TurboTax with the same User ID and password that you use for your QuickBooks Self-Employed account. This will make sure you get any bundles you’ve paid for.
- Meal expenses are imported as 50% deductible.
- QuickBooks estimated tax payments generally cover federal income taxes, not self-employment taxes.