I filed in April and received my refund yet I keep...

josie-cochrane

I filed in April and received my refund yet I keep getting emails from TurboTax saying I haven’t filed. Now they want my SSN to let me speak to a person. Scam?

Sometimes users start a return, forgot how to access the account, and start over in another account. If you did that, then the "old" account is generating those emails, which you can ignore, since you know you filed and received your refund.

If you call TurboTax, they will need to verify your identity. But, don’t just call any number you get from a Google search, because there are fake tech-support companies that pay for high placement on Google searches. Get the correct TurboTax phone number using the secure web form linked below.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

if someone calls you claiming to be customer support and asking for your personal information, it is probably a scam.

As a standard matter of order ... NEVER EVER click on any links in any unsolicited emails as that can release malware or worse into your system.  ALWAYS go to the companies online site directly  and there is no legitimate site that will require your SS# or any other PII just to talk to a support agent  except the IRS.