turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed in April and received my refund yet I keep getting emails from TurboTax saying I haven’t filed. Now they want my SSN to let me speak to a person. Scam?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filed in April and received my refund yet I keep getting emails from TurboTax saying I haven’t filed. Now they want my SSN to let me speak to a person. Scam?

Sometimes users start a return, forgot how to access the account, and start over in another account. If you did that, then the "old" account is generating those emails, which you can ignore, since you know you filed and received your refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If you call TurboTax, they will need to verify your identity. But, don’t just call any number you get from a Google search, because there are fake tech-support companies that pay for high placement on Google searches. Get the correct TurboTax phone number using the secure web form linked below.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

if someone calls you claiming to be customer support and asking for your personal information, it is probably a scam.

As a standard matter of order ... NEVER EVER click on any links in any unsolicited emails as that can release malware or worse into your system.  ALWAYS go to the companies online site directly  and there is no legitimate site that will require your SS# or any other PII just to talk to a support agent  except the IRS. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies