Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vhinch16

I don't understand why my password never works! I have to reset it every time I try to log in. And I reset it to the same thing every time.

I have tried different browsers and devices and I don't save info in my browsers.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
Odell

I don't understand why my password never works! I have to reset it every time I try to log in. And I reset it to the same thing every time.

Make sure you are signed out of all Intuit accounts including this one while resetting your password, or you may end up in an endless reset password loop. 

Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

Rosales

Hello vhinch16!

Some customers are experiencing a request to reset their password every time they attempt to log in to TurboTax Online.

In many cases this is occurring because an incorrect user id is being used to attempt to login. This is occurring because your browser remembers certain information and as you begin to type your user id it pre-fills the incorrect user id. Please try the steps below to determine if this is what is causing the password reset.

1. Go to the Login screen on TurboTax.com and select the I forgot my User ID or password option to sign back into your account.
  2. Once you successfully reset your password and get logged into your account select My Account > Account Settings.
  3. Once in account settings select Profile and verify your User ID
  4. Once you have verified the correct User ID then that is what you will want to enter each time you go to log in.

Often times some customers may be entering their e-mail address as the user ID may be the same just without @gmail.com for example. Hope this information will resolve your issue! Best regards and thank you for using TurboTax!

Hello Rosales,

I disagree with what you wrote. I have  the same issue no matter what computer I use. Fyi I'm a network systems manager and I deal with hundreds of passwords. 

In step #2 you wrote "Once you successfully reset your password and get logged into your account select My Account > Account Settings.". Yes but each time you try to login --> you need to reset your password. Once you reset your password and you try to login: the web site keeps saying the password is incorrect.

Notice that to reset your password you have to provide the email address on file as well as the phone number. You can't reset your password if the email address or phone number is incorrect.

In step #3 & #4, if you are able to login then it means you know your User ID. If you know your User ID then why do you need to verify it????

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Any time you sign in to an existing TurboTax account on an unrecognized computer or device, we'll ask you to verify your identity first. Also, it can be used as an added layer of security. Here's an article with information about verification. 

What is two-step verification? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mao1

@maifriend  it is not just you! I am experiencing this right now! I also work in tech and am pretty darn certain I'm not an idiot that just doesn't understand what a username is, as the poster above seems to suggest.

It's a serious, SERIOUS bug in Intuit's systems. Intuit has grown so absurdly massive and bloated that it is actually entirely possible that the reason that this is not fixed is not because no one knows about it, but because *no one knows how to fix it*. It's frightening but it happens even at huge, well-funded companies. Technical debt gets so bad, turnover is so high, and before you know it, your crazy complicated system is literally un-understandable by your entire staff.

It's incompetence, negligence, stupidity, whatever the word. Just another reason to ditch these sleazy **bleep**s. You know they aggressively lobby against all legislation, state level, national level, JUST to keep tax law complex so that people feel they need Turbotax? It's actually severely **bleep**ed up.

Intuit is run by a literal sociopath. We should all be looking elsewhere next time we do our taxes.

This will probably be deleted because Intuit employees are cowards.

mY TAXES ARE 90% DONE. I LEFT TO TAKE A 5MIN PHONE CALL WHEN I CAME BAC I HAD TO RE SIGN

BACK AND IT WOULD NOT ACCEPT MY PASSWORD . I TRIED 3 TIME AND QUIT

I NEVER SIGNED OUT, I JUST LEFT THE ROOOM AND CAME BACK 5 MIN LATTER

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number hereIf you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why does my password never get saved.  I have done three or four returns and the password never gets saved.  This so annoying.

This explanation does not make any sense.  If I were still signed in the site would just open.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies