I can’t seem to log in to Edward Jones to import i...

I can’t seem to log in to Edward Jones to import information through the app or website. Any ideas or workarounds, other than hunting down a paper copy and typing it all in?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Edward Jones is one of TurboTax's Import Partners, so you should definitely have the ability to import your information.  First, make sure you are following the correct steps listed in this TurboTax FAQ:  How do I import my 1099? - Community - TurboTax.

If you are following those steps and continue to have issues, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or using a different browser altogether, and retry importing intto your TurboTax Online account.

What about import errors with desktop users.

•  

If you happen to have a password with special characters for your brokerage account, it may cause problems on your investment import. The workaround is to change your password on the account to something without special characters, complete the import, then change it back to your original password.

You may also opt to type in the information manually.

Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem with Edward Jones. I've changed my password to something simple (no special characters), cleared the cache and cookies, tried Safari and Chrome, and I still can't import my account information. It's infuriating. I'm not having trouble connecting to any other investment accounts - only EJ. Part of the reason I use TurboTax is so that I can do this import and not have to manually enter everything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same problem.  I too have changed PW's and still no luck.  I even work over 25 minutes with a Turbo Tax "Expert" and she couldn't fix it either!! I'm very frustrated with the TurboTax program for this year.  If anyone knows of another Tax Program that works I'm ready to junk Turbo Tax and swish to it.  To say I'm frustrated would be an understatement.   

Be sure to select the right financial institution or brokerage from the list. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the wrong First National Bank, you won't be able to import.

You can import up to 1,500 transactions from your financial institution in TurboTax Online.  Go here to see how to take a picture of your 1099-MISC in the mobile app.

Related Information:

@JDiggins1    @slhardie

I finally resolved my access problem.  The tech's at EJ did some magic and I got the forms down loaded.  It looks like it was an EJ problem and not TT.  So, I guess I have egg on my face and owe Turbo Tax an apology.

JDiggins1

I have the same problem. No help from Edward Jones. I changed my password so there is no special character. Help! Any solutions or other info you can provide?