tronsnots

I bought TTax Premier with state software. How I will eventually be able to identify the state preparation software that I will need?

I will file Iowa return for 2017

You will go up to the upper left corner of the program and click on the spot for the state.  There is a little gray box that has Federal and then state beneath it.  Click on the state and enter which state you need to prepare, then you download the software.  It is probably not yet available, since many states are still finalizing forms.

Hal_Al

There is no choice to make. The state software only comes in one version

It knows which state to download by the address in your personal info and any state withholding on your W2, etc.  You fill out the federal return first and then go to the State tab.