Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Atocik

I bought a turbotax license code. How do I use it?

hello. I have bought Turbotax  Premier Online Edition which include 16 digit activation code from Costco. Pre payment code for 12 returns.  I have created an account , when I entered code I have error message "some thing wrong with code re try again"  , with whom I could contact to resolve an issue?

@ Atocik wrote:

hello. I have bought Turbotax  Premier Online Edition which include 16 digit activation code from Costco. Pre payment code for 12 returns.  I have created an account , when I entered code I have error message "some thing wrong with code re try again"  , with whom I could contact to resolve an issue?

This is the USA TurboTax community forum.   Premier with 12 returns is not a USA product; it's for Canadian returns.

Here's the Canada TurboTax Community forum where you can seek help for the Canadian product in regard to Canadian returns:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/turbotax-support/help/03/en-ca

If you choose "English" there, make sure the page has a Maple Leaf icon by it and not a US flag.

Or use this contact form to reach TurboTax Canada customer support:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

Where do I start?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

@DebRic-2213 For information on how to install your TurboTax CD/Download software with your license code, please visit the Help Article below. If you mean something else, please reply to this thread for further assistance.

Activating TurboTax CD/Download software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
03geo

I bought turbo tax with license code how do I install it

@03geo   Did you buy the CD or the Download?  From where?  

How to install the Desktop CD/Download program with a License Code

How to install TurboTax CD/Download software with license code

I bought turbotax home and business. I went to the installturbotax.com website. I logged into my account... THERE IS NO PLACE TO PUT IN A LICENSE CODE. It just asks me questions and directs me to buy something.

@seefilms wrote:

I bought turbotax home and business. I went to the installturbotax.com website. I logged into my account... THERE IS NO PLACE TO PUT IN A LICENSE CODE. It just asks me questions and directs me to buy something.

If you purchased the TurboTax Home & Business desktop edition, you install the software on your personal computer.  You will be asked during installation of the software for the license code.

There is no reason for you to log onto a TurboTax online account since the online editions and the desktop editions are totally separate and have different price points.  There is no license code needed for the online editions.

@seefilms   Did you buy the CD or the download?  I bought the Home & Business CD from Costco.  Then I used the download option.  I had to enter the License Code first thing.  Here are my steps.....

Go to installturbotax.com

Enter Code, it didn't look like it was formatting it right but I waited

and it put the dashes in the right places

Download showed up in my Account

I first clicked on the little blue "copy code"

Then clicked on the big Window Download button

It downloaded the exe file in the bottom left, then I clicked on it to

start the install

Launch TurboTax

Do Updates - took a long time but it updated

But it didn't restart.  Didn't restart last year either

So clicked on desktop icon to launch

When the Activation box came up I just did  Ctrl+V to paste the License

Code that was still in my clipboard.  It worked!

what if i already have an account and have used turbo tax before how do I use a license code?

@markwrigley22 wrote:

what if i already have an account and have used turbo tax before how do I use a license code?

The license code is only used on the software you purchased to install on your personal computer.  During installation of the TurboTax program you will be asked to provide the license code.

Let me Know how to use Liscense code?

Regards,

sean

@Seanleslie76   Are you in the Online version?   Sorry you can't apply the License Code from the Desktop CD/Download program purchase to the Online version.  They are separate prices and work different.  You need to install the Desktop program on your computer.

How to install the Desktop CD/Download program with a License Code

How to install TurboTax CD/Download software with license code

You need to install the program on your computer and move your online return to the Desktop program.  To continue in the desktop version see this…….

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).

Or pay for Online and get a refund from the Desktop program.

RESERVE25

I NEED TO SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT.  I HAVE A LICENSE CODE AND AM VERY CONFUSED AS NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK

@RESERVE25 wrote:

I NEED TO SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT.  I HAVE A LICENSE CODE AND AM VERY CONFUSED AS NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK

The license code is only used on the software you purchased to install on your personal computer.  During installation of the TurboTax program you will be asked to provide the license code.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies